942--HDMI/DVI Adapter vs HDMI/HDMI Cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I have an HDMI input TV and the 942 has an HDMI output. So, why don't they include a HDMI to HDMI cable instead of the DVI/HDMI adapter that's included with the 942?

Is there an advantage to using the adapter/cable setup included with the 942?

I found a HDMI/HDMI gold-plated cable (not as thick a guage of cable) at Monoprice.com for less than $10 and it seems equivalent, but wonder if it is more susceptible to interference?

The reason they include the DVI adapter is because there is a percentage of people who only have DVI for their digital video input, as well as the Dish Network HD monitors. Including an adapter is cheaper than sending two cords and fulfills the same use. It's a step up from the 921 or 811 which only comes with components.

mdonnelly said:
It's a digital signal, not analog. Interference shouldn't be a problem.
Digital signal is still subject to interference. It's still an electrical signal, subject to all of the basic laws thereof. It's not AS vulnerable as analog. And, the symptoms of that inteference would look, and sound in the case of HDMI, diffferent from analog.
OTOH, It would have to be one crappy cable for interference to be an issue. $10 does sound a little cheap, though. He should be able to find a very nice one for under $20. Certainly no need for Monster Cable, or any of that ilk of ripoff brands.

My TV has an HDMI in and I wanted both A and V to use the same wire, so I bought a HDMI to HDMI cable and use that. If you use the HDMI to DVI, then you also have to run audio.

I do have an optical audio going to my receiver, but I only turn that on for movies where I want good 5.1 sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts