942 - How to delete channels in guide?

ItsDon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I bought my 942 used. It was used back east and I'm on the west coast. When I search for programs the guide is still pulling up "W" channels from when it was used in Detroit along with the "K" channels I need here in California. It's kinda irritating because the "W" channels don't come in (blank screen) and my daughter keeps setting timers to record on them. How can I make channels I don't/can't recieve go away? I already have my guide set to display "all sub" but that didn't help.

I went to the menu and did 'hide adult' under locked channels. So every channel I don't want to show up on the guide, like the 8 billion shopping channels, I hid as adult, and don't see them on ANY menu. It's the only way I know of.

ItsDon said:
I bought my 942 used. It was used back east and I'm on the west coast. When I search for programs the guide is still pulling up "W" channels from when it was used in Detroit along with the "K" channels I need here in California. It's kinda irritating because the "W" channels don't come in (blank screen) and my daughter keeps setting timers to record on them. How can I make channels I don't/can't recieve go away? I already have my guide set to display "all sub" but that didn't help.

You might need to do a memory dump, if you do a search on here you will find it.

But use at your own risk, I tried a memory dump on a 311,721,510, and 522 and it worked like it suppose to, but you never know with a 942.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts