942 Install - new LNB's

BobaBird said:
To get a little more technical, there are no DPP LNBs, only switches which are fed by DP LNBs. People using the term "DPP LNB" are usually referring to the DPP Twin which contains 2 DP LNBs and a DPP switch.
You're right, but let's not confuse the newbies. :D

If the box (LNB or external switch) has a DP-Plus logo on it, that's all you need. ;)

Of course, if you're trying to avoid using a DP Adapter with multiple legacy receivers and blah blah blah ...

In other words, most of the guys coming here with a question just want a specific answer to their situation, and depend on those of us that actually understand it to tell them. :)

Dp Technology

Funky boss
Sounds like your installer did ground the dish as grounding the dish to electrical service main is legal in may areas of the county, I know it is in illinois, comcast and mediacom do it all the time. And the Dish Pro Plus is great especially if you got 2 dual tuner box situations.

By the way Funkyboss did you ever get that winegard up on the roof???

OK, I'm very confused now about what I actually need to ask my installer for when they come to hook up my 942. I just did a check switch and this is what I came up with:

Switch: DP34 LNBs: Feed(1) Dual-1(2) Feed(3)

Sat: 119 Polarity: All Device: Feed
Sat: 110 Polarity: All Device: Dual
Sat: 121 Polarity: All Device: Feed

Is my system going to work with a single cable run to the 942, or do i need something different? Thanks for all your help. This is very confusing to me as I don't understand all the DPP, LNB jargon.

MI_GTO said:
OK, I'm very confused now about what I actually need to ask my installer for when they come to hook up my 942. I just did a check switch and this is what I came up with:

Switch: DP34 LNBs: Feed(1) Dual-1(2) Feed(3)

Sat: 119 Polarity: All Device: Feed
Sat: 110 Polarity: All Device: Dual
Sat: 121 Polarity: All Device: Feed

Is my system going to work with a single cable run to the 942, or do i need something different? Thanks for all your help. This is very confusing to me as I don't understand all the DPP, LNB jargon.
You have a 121 SuperDish, which has a DP34 (3-in, 4-out) switch.

The existing satellites can only be fed to both tuners via two cables.

Considering you're going HD, you're likely going to want to add an LNB for Voom, which is on 61.5 or 129. That generally means a DPP44 switch - which also gives you the single-cable option for the 942.

Couldn't find 61.5 - Very strange ......

MonsterHD breaking up bad now (Sun 2pm est)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)