942 L2.24 Release Notes

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
942 L2.24 Release Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Straight from Dish for the DBSTalk 942 user community, here are the (nicely specific and extensive this time around) release notes for new software version L2.24:

Added popup message 740 to acknowledge dish home key being pressed to load DISH Home.

Pressing the record button on an already created timer in the guide/search/themes should now take you to the daily schedule.

Fix for the incorrect view banner shown on an off-air channel after deleting another off-air channel with smaller channel number.

Fixes for video jitter.

Fetch the EPG data from disk if initial guide acquire is cancelled.

Fix for Dish Home loading issues.

Fix for blanking issues.

Partial zoom fix.

Audio drop out fixes.

Fix for issues when exiting the local channel scan menu.

Fix for a receiver crash when there is a corrupted event.

Change closed caption off/on button to a screen like CallerID setup.

Fix for event name being cut-off in some EPG grids.

Fix Main & PIP going to off-air channel which causes blank PIP and pop-up 004 (there has been a problem detected with your switch...)

Fix for blank PIP when going to system info after exiting point dish screen.

Fix for 2 timers firing simultaneously in Single User Mode with the PIP window displayed - timers now fire correctly.

Fix the black screen when coming out of Local Scan screen.

Fix for the default audio on ch. 407 (GolTV) being Spanish instead of English.

Off-air audio fixes.

Note, there's nothing in this list referring to the legacy LNB issue. I've asked for clarification on that one specifically.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=41325

Good deal...I was just heading over to post these. I'm pretty happy with the notes this time around for this release. :)

I guess that having "my head up Dish Network's ass" has advantages for the users... :eek:

I guess that having "my head up Dish Network's ass" has advantages for the users...

Yup it does. ;) Don't take comments the wrong way Mark, sometimes you just seem like a corporate mouth piece for them. I could get the release notes myself but I figure why bother, I hate begging. :D

Good Job Mark!

Sorry for the newbie intrusion, but how does one initiate the software update, and is this latest version available yet? I had my 942 installed yesterday and I know it did some amount of downloading/setup upon activation, suppose I should check and see what the software version is. I'm having some OTA issues with a couple of channels (that come in fine on my 2 811s, also installed yesterday) and am hopeful software will help clear things up a bit.

Is there any answer to shanewalker's question on software updates? (On the old VOOM forum, usually someone responded within a few days, but a week later, and noone has any help--I am also looking for info on this issue.

Just turn your receiver off at night and you'll get the update when it's sent to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)