942 not responding to IR remote

bigdaddy65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Just got my 942 and on ocassion after power on it will not respond to channel up or down remote commands but I can cycle power using the remote and the remote then works correctly. This is using remote #1. Anyone else experiencing this?

I haven't seen that. The only thing I can think of is that one of the other input selectors (TV, VCR, AUX) might have been pushed.

Make sure the "SAT" button glows red when giving a channel up or down. If another button turns red select SAT to make it work.

Thanks but I have verified that the correct "device" is selected as well as tried it from my pronto remote and neither work until power is cycled. Very strange... the wife first noticed it and I dismissed as operator error until it happened to me and guess who was right next to me when it did.

The remote will work after cycling power as well as a universal remote I have but neither works immediately after power on. If I wait about 30 seconds to a minute both remotes work fine. I can live with that but none of my other dish units (501 & 508) has this issue. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)