942 OTA question

No HD OTA on TV2 (dual mode)

Just checked, and it doesn't look like you can see the HD OTA channels on TV2 in Dual mode. Obviously you can in single user mode, but the aspect ratio on TV2 is funky. :eek:

HiDefGuy said:
Can you watch your local OTA channels on TV2 when set up in dual mode?

Yes you can, if you are recording the OTA channel. We watched the first part of Medium last night on our HDTV then finished it upstairs on our standard TV. We were watching the show a few minutes behind live from the recording of the digital OTA channel.

I am going to try a test to see what happens if you are watching a recorded OTA channel on TV2 and you catch up to the live broadcast.

HiDefGuy said:
Is this a hardware limitation or could it be changed in an update?

From what I have read, this is not a hardware limitation. It was setup this way to get people to subscribe to their locals via satellite.

I really don't mind paying for satellite locals since the 942 only has one OTA tuner. With the satellite locals I can still record 2 programs airing on my locals by recording one in HD from the antenna and one in SD from the satellite locals.

The 942 won't let you catch completely up with live. You'll always be delayed a little bit behind, but at least it doesn't crash when you're close to catching up. :)

markdl said:
The 942 won't let you catch completely up with live. You'll always be delayed a little bit behind, but at least it doesn't crash when you're close to catching up. :)

Can you elaborate on this? If I am one minute behind and I try to fast-forward does it not work or give me some sort of error message, or something else?

So do you have to tune to the channel on TV 1, hit record, then go in the other room to TV2 to watch? PITA.

Guess I have to add locals to my package. Lame cause I prepaid my whole year upfront.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)