942 TV2 out connection using diplexers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rainier

Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
Hi

Can I combine 3 signals in a single cable using diplexers?

I would like to use TV2 out on my 942 for the second TV in another bed room. To do this, I would like to use the diplexers instead of running a separate cable. I already have a diplexer to combine SAT signal and HD OTA signal into a single cable. On the 942 end, I have a diplexer to split the SAT and ANT and then on the SAT side, I have another splitter to split the SAT signal to SAT1 and SAT2 inputs in the back of 942 receiver. My question is where do I insert new diplexer to back feed video signal to another room. Do I insert it before I split the SAT and ANT signals? Or, insert it after the diplexer on the SAT side? On the SAT dish side, I have a diplexer to combine SAT and ANT signals.

I appreciate your help on this...

I have another splitter to split the SAT signal to SAT1 and SAT2 inputs in the back of 942 receiver.
That's NOT a splitter, it's a DPP Separator. Different beast.

In short, you do NOT do what you want to do - it's gonna screw up your OTA signal.

If you insist on trying, you do NOT repeat NOT use any more diplexers. You would use splitters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)