$99, $87, or $46 to change to 129 or EA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dcbag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Tennessee
So the cost to change over to 129 or to have a Eastern Arch installed can be $99, or $15 plus $6 would be $87 if you would add the cost then the $6 for a year, but if you sign up for the protection plan pay the $15 then cancel it would be only $46, or maybe one should purchase the dish from ebay and install themself.

I think I will just downgrade to family pack. HD from OTA locals is far better than Dish, I can upconvert the SD myself and come fairly close to same quality as Dish HD.

So the cost to change over to 129 or to have a Eastern Arch installed can be $99, or $15 plus $6 would be $87 if you would add the cost then the $6 for a year, but if you sign up for the protection plan pay the $15 then cancel it would be only $46, or maybe one should purchase the dish from ebay and install themself.

I think I will just downgrade to family pack. HD from OTA locals is far better than Dish, I can upconvert the SD myself and come fairly close to same quality as Dish HD.

Well since no one else has anything to say about my post, I need to just add, now my thoughts are to cancel Dish and try Sky Angel IPTV. It's less money than family packs. I could get a Replaytv dvr that would automatic skip commercials, then upscale it to 1080i which should be close to the down rez Dish signal. Now all I need to do is find someone who has Sky Angel and compare picture quality to Dish SD.

Since I never get much response if any, talking to myself doesn't seem too bad after all. I sure miss the good old c-band days.

Well since no one else has anything to say about my post,
It may be because, like me, no one knows where you are getting those dollar amounts. $15.00 seems to be consistent from most reports.

The $15 "copay" seems consistent but requires the $6/month service plan if you don't have it. OP is just adding up all those costs.

$15 copay + $6 service plan for 12 months = $87
$15 copay + $6 service plan for 1 month + $25 cancellation fee on service plan = $46
paying for it outright without the service plan = $99

BTW, they waived the $15 copay for me after I said "wow, so i have to pay extra, to be able to get channels i am already paying for?" So I am getting it for the $6 service plan which I will likely cancel pretty quickly.

Got it. But a lot of EA'rs are reporting $15.00 without the service plan. A couple, $0.00

GIGO

Well since no one else has anything to say about my post, I need to just add, now my thoughts are to cancel Dish and try Sky Angel IPTV. It's less money than family packs. I could get a Replaytv dvr that would automatic skip commercials, then upscale it to 1080i which should be close to the down rez Dish signal. Now all I need to do is find someone who has Sky Angel and compare picture quality to Dish SD.

Since I never get much response if any, talking to myself doesn't seem too bad after all. I sure miss the good old c-band days.

If the it is garbage coming in then it is garbage going out. What this relates to taking 480 and upscaling will not make the picture look any better. It will just be higher detailed bad picture.

Got it. But a lot of EA'rs are reporting $15.00 without the service plan. A couple, $0.00

That is exactly what's maddening here to me. Since this is something that Dish Network caused (by putting hd on a sat a large amount of people didn't have) they should have a set plan as to how to enable those customers. Not base it on the whim of the random csr you speak to and how easy they break.

This isn't just people in the know looking to get something more than any random customer. Based on reports this will be the way HD will be added from here on out, so it's a long-term issue.

In my specific case, if I'm agreeing to 24-month commit and $99 w/ receiver upgrade, I think new HD dish should be part of that, without added service call fees, but they don't agree for now.

If the it is garbage coming in then it is garbage going out. What this relates to taking 480 and upscaling will not make the picture look any better. It will just be higher detailed bad picture.

I agreed to a certain degree, but if you look very close, this is what some programs are doing.

In my opinion a true digital picture such as over the air is equal to dish or directv hd even if its only 480. If you start out with a true digital 480 picture that has not been compressed the way we see it (on small satellite) today, you can up convert it with good results. Just compare OTA or FTA picture quality to what we get on either dish or directv, any one can see the difference.

I can still remember the great drop in picture quality when I switched from c-band to the small dish and that was way back in 1996, when there wasn't the issue with compression.

free-
just got done tech chat
Coming tomorrow to install at no charge-

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: For account security purposes, can you please verify the full name and PIN or the last 4 of your SSN on the account?
Roger
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Thanks
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: We need to do a dish migration, I am getting information on that for you right now
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Please give me a few moments
Roger
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: I'm still looking into it
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Roger OK
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: We need to set up an install
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: It is Free to you
Roger ok great - when?
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Will 2/13/10 between 12-5 work?
Roger : tomorrow- sure why not
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: The address listed is . Can you identify two major cross streets near your home to help the installer in finding your house?
Roger : Main and Fairfield st.
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: I have your home phone number listed as . In order to ensure everything goes efficiently as possible, our technician may contact you to confirm your appointment prior to your scheduled date. Do you have a cellular or a work number where we can reach you in the event you are not home?
Roger : thats right- work is- 'im always one place ot the other and just a couple of minutes away
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Your Technician Visit is scheduled for 02/13 between 12-5. Please make sure that there is at least 3' clearance behind the TV prior to the technician arriving. The tech will arrive at your home during this timeframe; however the completion of the work may go past 5. Please plan accordingly so that the tech can complete the work as required. If you need to reschedule, please call 1-800-894-9131 or contact us through the Live Chat link online at least 24 hours in advance to notify us. Someone 18 years or older will need to be present in order for the work to be performed. Your Technician Visit includes a 60 day warranty.
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Roger will this be new dish or additional? Eastern arc ?
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Its a new dish
Roger: thanks for your help
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: You're welcome
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Roger all set - have a nice day
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Just finished talking to dish customer service. My current situation is 119/110/61.5 with one VIP622dvr and 522dvr. They told me they need to switch out my dish for a 1000.4, and my 522dvr for a hd receiver. They told me it would cost 199.00 and a 24 month commitment. Is there a way to not have to go into a 24 month commitment. and 199 seems like alot, they didnt even offer me the service plan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)