99 cent PPV movies

Bob2011

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Hudson Valley NY
I happened to skip ahead in the guide on the PPV channels and noticed the following movies are 99 cents starting on 4/16

Channel 526 - Skyfall
Channel 527 - Argo
Channel 528 - Hotel Transylvania
Channel 529 - Taken 2

Also the last PPV channel usually has a discounted movie at $1.99 which this week is Savages on channel 558.

Does dish advertise these deals anywhere?

I happened to skip ahead in the guide on the PPV channels and noticed the following movies are 99 cents starting on 4/16

Channel 526 - Skyfall
Channel 527 - Argo
Channel 529 - Taken 2

Also the last PPV channel usually has a discounted movie at $1.99 which this week is Savages on channel 558.

Thanks for letting me know. I just might take advantage of this for the weekend with Argo. Since Dish's normal PPV rates are so damn expensive, I would never have looked on my own.

Does anyone know what the Limited Recording period is? Does that mean you can only watch it for 24 or 48 hours once started or that it is only available for a few days?

thanks for the tip...ordered skyfall on 526 then saw your post and reordered the HD version..hope I don't get charged twice..I canceled channel 526 order....

I hope a lot of people order these 99 cent movies. Maybe this will show Dish that if they lower the price of the PPV movies more people will order them. Charging $6.99 for a HD movie is ridiculous.

Channel 526 - Skyfall
Channel 527 - Argo
Channel 529 - Taken 2

I paid 22 dollars to see skyfall....what a rip off. On a side note I did not fall asleep during a movie. Really the only reason I go to the movies.

Record the movie multiple times in 1 day, or 24 hours? I dont want to get charged more than once per movie

If the same move is ordered within the same 24 hour period the system will not charge for it twice. The system will see it as a duplicate and show it with a 0.00 charge. Youa lso ahve access to any VOD for 24 hours after you order it.

If the same move is ordered within the same 24 hour period the system will not charge for it twice. The system will see it as a duplicate and show it with a 0.00 charge. Youa lso ahve access to any VOD for 24 hours after you order it.
So, recording a 2nd copy near the end of the 24 hour period after it was first ordered would basically give you a 2-day rental?

It wouldn't charge you for that instance of the movie. Let's say it was ordered at midnight the night before, and you reordered it at 11:50pm the following evening, the system wouldn't charge for it. The system will go back to the original order time and base the no charge off of that. But if you again ordered it at 3:00 am you would be charged for it.

But you could still watch the 2nd reordered movie for 24 hours from the 11:50 order time?

No it would let you reorder for free off of the original 24 hour order because you are still within 10 minutes of the original purchase and the system will file it under a duplicate. The end time of the movie itself wouldn't come into play. After 12:01 the next day any order would be a new order.

Just got the email from Dish:

From April 16th - April 21st, order Argo, Hotel Transylvania, Taken 2 and Skyfall for only 99 cents each!

I also received the email thanking me for being a "loyal" dish customer. I think we may order taken 2, but not tonight as it is raining and have lost signal. :mad:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)