99 cent PPV movies

It is 24 hrs once you start watching.

To be safe, record the movie multiple times. The 24 hour rule applies to the specific recording you began to watch.

So 24hrs once you start watching? Is there a time limit on how long it can sit in your DVR without starting it? I can watch the entire movie from beginning to end once its started. But with my schedule I never know how long it would be before I ever get time to actually sit down and watch a full movie. I would like to take advantage of the discount if I know it will be there when I get time to watch it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

No it would let you reorder for free off of the original 24 hour order because you are still within 10 minutes of the original purchase and the system will file it under a duplicate. The end time of the movie itself wouldn't come into play. After 12:01 the next day any order would be a new order.

So can i record the movie twice (within 12 hours), watch the first one tomorrow and the next one in a month?

I hadn't ordered any VOD on The Hopper since we got it hooked up so I went in to play with it, Once the VOD selection is rented in the Hopper it will show rented for that 24 hour period so there won't be a need to reorder it on the Hopper. I talked to Mary about the double recording. The only instance she had heard of someone doing it, they recorded a copy of the movie, moved it to their EHD and then recorded it again. Both had a 30 day timer on it for recording and did allow each to be watched for the 24 hour period separate of each other.

Will try to rent 2 or 3 of these and record it...but I hope I have time to watch them...in the past I would have like 30 days to watch it....other times the ppv expired in 24 hours...

I hadn't ordered any VOD on The Hopper since we got it hooked up so I went in to play with it, Once the VOD selection is rented in the Hopper it will show rented for that 24 hour period so there won't be a need to reorder it on the Hopper. I talked to Mary about the double recording. The only instance she had heard of someone doing it, they recorded a copy of the movie, moved it to their EHD and then recorded it again. Both had a 30 day timer on it for recording and did allow each to be watched for the 24 hour period separate of each other.

Could it be that vod "acts differently" than ppv?

Will try to rent 2 or 3 of these and record it...but I hope I have time to watch them...in the past I would have like 30 days to watch it....other times the ppv expired in 24 hours...

That was why I asked if anyone knew specifically in this case what the time limit is (especially for Argo HD). I've had some where you have months to watch it and others a lot shorter. I too don't have an issue watching it once started within a 24 hour period it is more of a matter of when I can get to it.

These .99 cent movies come every year, it seems early this year, usually in the summer.

And I record multiple times on each dvr for these and the free ppvs

The rumor is this is a market test. If Dish can make the same amount of money on 99 cent due to the increased number of purchases they will do this all the time just like RED BOX.
The idea is RED Box makes money on older movies like these, so can Dish on 99 cents.
Please rent all 4 if you can before it expires.

Wouldn't it be nice if the leaked Hopper fees announcement was just a "market test". Yeah.

I love the Red box really cheap rental. I hope dish keeps doing this.
If they can make a profit at like RedBox it I bet they will.

I love the Red box really cheap rental. I hope dish keeps doing this.
If they can make a profit at like RedBox it I bet they will.

I like Redbox too but the cost of gas pushes a single DVD rental close to $5 for me. :(

If Dish would drop the price to $2 on occasion I would likely rent one from them instead of Redbox.