A Bunch of Dish Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HanoverPretzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
I've a got a few Dish questions.

1. Is the billing "due date" always the same exact day every month? In other words, if it's the 5th of January, will it also be the 5th of every other month?

2. Can I pay online on the due date itself, or do I have to pay no later than the day before?

3. Were I to switch to a lower package, could I switch back to the higher package the next month with no penalty? If not, how long would I have to wait to switch back in order to avoid a penalty? Does the answer to this question depend on how I'm doing the switching (i.e. Internet, phone, etc.)?

4. Theoretically, do all promotional rates (i.e. $15 off new customer, $5 loyalty bonus, free service plan) continue to apply even when you switch plans multiple times? If so, practically speaking, do they usually remember not to clear them, or do you sometimes run into issues where you change programming and then get a bill that doesn't include the whatever dollars off anymore?

5. When you switch to a lower plan, does your programming change immediately and give you a partial credit for the month you've already paid (assuming a pre-paid account) on the next bill? Or do the changes simply take effect during the next billing cycle? What about when you switch to a more expensive package?

Just curious. Not sure I'm making any changes or anything, just all stuff that's "good to know" so I can mull stuff over now or in the future and know what all the options are.

I can only speak from what i have seen.

1. - My bill is due the same day every month.

2. - don't know. my bill is set to auto pay and comes out on the due date.

3. No i have had problems droping to a lower package and adding it back before the 30 days. ( $5.00 charge) Wait at least 30 days to make programing changes.

4. They did not change from me when I change program packages.

5. Everything has always been pro-rated when I change packages.

1. Unless the date is the 31st yes it will be the same each month (IIRC the 31st due dates are due the 1st on months with only 30 days)
2. yes you can pay on the day its due. There may be a cutoff time for it to be credited that day
3. The rule is 30 day minimum on most everything
4.depends really on the system
5. changes will take effect immediatelly and you'll be pro-rated

I've a got a few Dish questions.
1. Is the billing "due date" always the same exact day every month? In other words, if it's the 5th of January, will it also be the 5th of every other month?
2. Can I pay online on the due date itself, or do I have to pay no later than the day before?
3. Were I to switch to a lower package, could I switch back to the higher package the next month with no penalty? If not, how long would I have to wait to switch back in order to avoid a penalty? Does the answer to this question depend on how I'm doing the switching (i.e. Internet, phone, etc.)?
4. Theoretically, do all promotional rates (i.e. $15 off new customer, $5 loyalty bonus, free service plan) continue to apply even when you switch plans multiple times? If so, practically speaking, do they usually remember not to clear them, or do you sometimes run into issues where you change programming and then get a bill that doesn't include the whatever dollars off anymore?
5. When you switch to a lower plan, does your programming change immediately and give you a partial credit for the month you've already paid (assuming a pre-paid account) on the next bill? Or do the changes simply take effect during the next billing cycle? What about when you switch to a more expensive package?
Just curious. Not sure I'm making any changes or anything, just all stuff that's "good to know" so I can mull stuff over now or in the future and know what all the options are.
Just a few things you might want to take into consideration:
1. Iceberg is correct on this one but also a late payment can cause a due date to change. The system will issue a catch up bill that will have a new due date.
2. You can pay on the due date.
3.You can make changes to your account at anytime. Switching programming a second time in a 30 day rolling period will incurr a $5.00 non-adult and $20.00 adult programming change fee. If this done via a phone operator it will also incurr a Agent Handling Fee of $5.00 but over the internet or with your remote there is no Agent Handling Fee.
4.Promotional credits remain on the account each month as long as programming requirements are met on the account. (ie; New Customer Promo has to have AT120 or higher)
5.Changes happen in the system immediately. Note: When upgrading on a Pre-Paid account it will generate an amount due for the upgrade. Downgrades will appear as a credit to the account (No Refunds for Programming- Credit only)
If you have any other questions, just let us know!

Thanks for all the answers everyone! :)

Promotional credits remain on the account each month as long as programming requirements are met on the account. (ie; New Customer Promo has to have AT120 or higher)

Are there any minimum requirements for retaining a loyalty offer credit?

If you have any other questions, just let us know!

Would there be any problem with cancelling the service plan and switching programming packages in one shot through the online system (Looks like it'd just be a matter of me checking and unchecking some boxes and hitting submit)? I notice the online system shows prices without credits -- I'm assuming from the answers that that's nothing to worry about and clicking submit isn't agreeing to waive the promos, right? :)

The ability to switch plans through the website is pretty cool. I think that's definitely an area where Dish has "one up" on cable. Everything is laid out there right in front of the consumer so stuff can be compared and switched with a few mouse clicks -- no waiting on hold on the phone forever and trying to keep all the options straight in your head, and you can sit there looking over it and mulling things as long as you want with a website.

Loyalty credits have no minimum requirements. There should not be any issue with making those changes together. As long as the changes are done in the same session it should not be a problem. Promotion credits are tied to the account, not the programming, which is why they appear as a separate line item on the bill. I love on-line access as well!

Loyalty credits have no minimum requirements. There should not be any issue with making those changes together. As long as the changes are done in the same session it should not be a problem. Promotion credits are tied to the account, not the programming, which is why they appear as a separate line item on the bill. I love on-line access as well!

Cool. Thanks. :)

Just to update this in case anyone is riveted to their computer awaiting the thrilling conclusion... ;)

I did decide to downgrade my package using the web interface (Also dropping the service plan) and everything went smoothly. The receiver updated almost immediately to reflect the new channel lineup, and when the bill for the next month hit the website, it included a one-time credit for it's estimate of the difference between the package I prepaid for and the new lower package for the days that were/are left in the billing cycle, and carried over all my existing recurring credits. The web interface is pretty good.

If I were to switch packages again at some point in the next few months, would I be fine to do that on the web interface again, or would I have to do it via phone? On the thread it was established that you're good to switch again without penalty after 30 days, but I vaguely recall there being some sort a 5 month limitation on switches through the web interface (Could be wrong there, hence the question :) ).

I am not aware of any limitation beyond the within 30 day Programming Change Fee. You should be able to make the changes with no issue. on the web. Glad everything went well for you!

5 month limitation is for the service plan. If you add the service plan back on to your account (which you can do anytime if you want to), you have to wait another 150 days (5 months) to remove it again.

5 month limitation is for the service plan. If you add the service plan back on to your account (which you can do anytime if you want to), you have to wait another 150 days (5 months) to remove it again.
I didn't think about the service plan. Just to clarify, you can remove before the 5 months but it will incur a $25.00 cancellation fee within the 150 days of adding. After there is no charge to remove it.

Thanks for the info. Probably won't be re-adding the service plan unless something happens to the dish, so it looks like I would be set to switch the package around again if I were to decide to go that route in the future. :)

There used to be a limit to the amount of times you could downgrade on the site but they did away with that I think when they made the 5 dollar charge only count within thirty days of last change instead of whenever like it used to be.

How about discontinuing a service plan before the end of 6 month which was included free with my subscription.

Would the cancellation be effective at the end of the 6 month period or when I actually cancel it? The same question regarding the free 3 months of Showtime.

upsss said:
How about discontinuing a service plan before the end of 6 month which was included free with my subscription.

Would the cancellation be effective at the end of the 6 month period or when I actually cancel it? The same question regarding the free 3 months of Showtime.

If it was given to you then it costs nothing. Only when you choose to add the sp is there the charge if removing within 5 months and with the showtime same thing and besides those free periods for new customers are past the window.

If it was given to you then it costs nothing. Only when you choose to add the sp is there the charge if removing within 5 months and with the showtime same thing and besides those free periods for new customers are past the window.
You didn't answer my question. The question is, if I cancel these "free" services, will it be effective the date I cancel them of when they actually expire?
Basically, when do I have to cancel them so they don't renew automatically?

Sry. When you cancel they go away immediately. I believe they can make showtime remove when its time for it to expire. But with the sp you would need to remove when you don't want it anymore.

tvropro said:
Why does Dish Network charge you $5.00 if you change your pkg twice in a 30 day period?

Because it can make your bill more confusing. As in if you keep calling in to make changes all the time or doing it online. They used to charge you anytime you made a programming change no matter what timeframe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)