Dish assigning installs and service calls to retailer 85 miles away..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
Dish has been getting down on the retailer I work for as a sub for not getting their number of installs up but we are seeing Dish Vans all over doing installs in our area and these guys are from Lincoln or Omaha which is over 85 miles from here. Why? And why are subs for a Lincoln company doing service calls here too? I have to roll on several Dish customers because these guys from Lincoln do not know what they are doing.

Here's a example.. Customer calls us as they are not getting the 110 Sat. I look up their equipment to see that they have a superdish. I load superdish parts and head out. I arrive 50 minutes later to see that someone installed a really old 500 dish. I talked to the customer and I find out that a girl with a infant in the car came from Lincoln and since she knows nothing about superdishes she cuts all the cables and installs the 500. She mounted the J-arm backwards so she could not plumb it. After several hours she gave up. Next day two guys from same company shows up and trys to get customer up and running. They got the 119 sat at a 25 on the 21 transponder and then left. When I crawled up there I found the J-arm still backwards and no screws holding the LNBF on. I removed the J-arm and put it right and plumbed the J-arm. Put 500 back on and found I could not get the 110 and 119 above 25. I removed the dish and replaced it with another on and finally got over 75 on both sats. For my efforts and time I got 15.00 service call fee.

Another one of theirs was a 1000.2 dish. Customer called Dish and they sent people from Lincoln (85 miles away) out to move the dish because of trees. 2 hours after they left the customer called us and I show up to find the dish missing LNBF screws, 3 short patch cables running from eave of house to dish on peak of roof. After running new cable from dish to ground block and replacing screws and alignment Customer had TVand was thrilled. These people are giving us retailers a bad name. Why can't Dish send us the service calls since we are right where the problems are? Thanks for your time reading this - I just needed to vent.

Dish is ditching dispatchers/routers for this thing we call a computer.

Dispatchers/routers are pissed they are being replaced by this thing called a computer and taking everyone else down with them. They are the backbone.

Anyone with a drill can be a DISH installer. I mean anyone as I've seen retailers who've installed systems held up by duct tape.

Dish is ditching dispatchers/routers for this thing we call a computer.

Dispatchers/routers are pissed they are being replaced by this thing called a computer and taking everyone else down with them. They are the backbone.

so true, the dispatcher i work with is pissed off and she is amazing at her job.
everyone is getting screwed right now.

JonnyF88 said:
so true, the dispatcher i work with is pissed off and she is amazing at her job.
everyone is getting screwed right now.

And...... I wonder how many other areas are experiencing the same rhing?

Between me and a buddy at work, we run into atleast 2 jobs a piece a week that the customer didn't even have knowledge of a service call being created.

I precalled a customer a couple weeks ago and tgey said, " uhh, we are in Disneyland. Nobody scheduled an appointment."

Awesome computer we hot going on, (sarcasticly speaking)

We are experiencing the same thing. Evidently when this new computer system takes over (at least for in house techs) we will leave the shop with one or two jobs in our tech code and the rest will fall in through out the day.

I'm retired (30+ years service) from a large telco. This sounds like the same crap the telephone company pulled 20 something years ago. Dumped most of their live dispatchers and replaced with hand-held access terminals. After that everything just kept going downhill. Continuously getting dispatched 30 or 40 miles in the wrong direction while passing guys heading into the area we would be leaving. Rate of completed trouble tickets fell thru the floor. After a few years they started trying tricks like imposing time limits on TTN's (as if it were a factory making widgets). Distances to jobs were never taken into account. City techs and rural area techs were expected to produce the same numbers. Of course it just made things worse. Nobody cared...... the way of the future they said. I don't know when that future was going to occur, everything was pretty much the same when I retired 2 years ago. What a shame to watch a pretty good system slowly get flushed down the toilet.

This is what motivates me to do my own work even if it takes twice as long. I get all kinds of VERY GOOD guidance from the Techs or Gurus here at Sat Guys. Ive always been the type of hands on person that needs to know how it works. If something goes wrong I can usually fix it myself in half the time it takes for a Tech to get here on a service call. I try not to judge Techs. I just know the average quality of work in this area. Then of course I'm an old retired airplane Tech and my standards are understandably high. 90 percent of the time when I fix or set something up I dont have to go back and redo it.
Sorry about the soap box speech.

Sounds like when a tech fixes something, that same tech should be sent out for the refix. How can a company be sent out to fix an install that another company did the original on.

In our shop, it is not. 8-12 is the arrival time of a tech and a tech will be there by noon. Trouble calls are down, completion is up and I think we are at the top of the list for customer sat score.

Its not easy but we are getting it done.

We are experiencing the same thing. Evidently when this new computer system takes over (at least for in house techs) we will leave the shop with one or two jobs in our tech code and the rest will fall in through out the day.

But they won't tell you when new jobs drop in, they just wait until 1130 and then call and say, "what's your eta to your third AM", and you say, "umm...I don't have a third AM"

vash1090 said:
But they won't tell you when new jobs drop in, they just wait until 1130 and then call and say, "what's your eta to your third AM", and you say, "umm...I don't have a third AM"

Oh my. I know this all too well. I guess we are required to refresh our tablets every 20 minutes.

the reality is this does affect the custoomer, If they want service and there is no one to do the service or the tech is incompanent and destroys the customers house this will effect the customer and dish in a very negitive way.

Well....it lets me know that when I switch to Dish I really need to do it through a local retailer and not call DishNetwork national.

mnassour said:
Well....it lets me know that when I switch to Dish I really need to do it through a local retailer and not call DishNetwork national.

Not necessarily. Just dont do a same day install. Schedule it out a day so the tech will be 100% ready for your install. Like it used to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)