Dish assigning installs and service calls to retailer 85 miles away..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't mind doing service calls same day. I had a guy yesterday call at 150 and I was done with the job at 230. That is amazing customer service and the customer was very happy. Hell, I was happy for him. Signal strength was up, it was connected, grounded and was a good install. He had it on the wrong input.

Telling a customer we can do a 4 rm when they call in at 3 in the afternoon is wasteful and is hard on both the customer and the tech/shop.

If I could (and hopefully I am) tell Dish some constructive criticism, it would be to not allow new connects OR upgrades to fall in same day after 1pm. Every tech in my office will agree with me and if you posted this in the installer zone, they would most likely agree as well.

Well....it lets me know that when I switch to Dish I really need to do it through a local retailer and not call DishNetwork national.

As said, just don't schedule a same day install. Retailer or not, the pick is up in the air as to if you get a "retailer" or a DNS tech.

I don't mind doing service calls same day. I had a guy yesterday call at 150 and I was done with the job at 230. That is amazing customer service and the customer was very happy. Hell, I was happy for him. Signal strength was up, it was connected, grounded and was a good install. He had it on the wrong input.

Telling a customer we can do a 4 rm when they call in at 3 in the afternoon is wasteful and is hard on both the customer and the tech/shop.

If I could (and hopefully I am) tell Dish some constructive criticism, it would be to not allow new connects OR upgrades to fall in same day after 1pm. Every tech in my office will agree with me and if you posted this in the installer zone, they would most likely agree as well.

I could not agree more. I no longer to work for Dish beyond retail. I can tell you there is no way I would put up with not knowing what I am doing that day. There is just to many variables in equipment, and time to be able to do that properly. You just end up with stressed out techs, or techs that just don't give a crap. Either type ends up with a tech that will not do the best work.

Like what was mentioned earlier, your gonna have jobs dropped in on techs for a time slot they wont make. Yea I am on my 2nd AM install, a third drops in and I have 3 PM installs. Customer service is one thing, trying to cram the system in that day. Come on really does the customer change their mind that fast? Personally to me if they are so worried about getting it installed that fast, there must be a reason they don't want me to think about it? Service calls, if it can be pulled in without messing the rest of a techs day up,yea get it done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts