A compliment for DishNet tech support

riroon

Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
I've been a long-term subscriber to DishNet. Like most Dish customers, were were to replace our 'smartcards' recently.

When the first set of cards didn't arrive, DishNet sent a replacement set.

Well, lo and behold, this weekend, the cards zapped out on me. My wife went through the typical song-and-dance Saturday with customer service and tech support, to no avail.

So today (Sunday), I arrived from an out-of-town trip and called myself.

Well, I did have to go through the same song and dance with customer service, but was pleased to have gone through the motions with someone THAT SPOKE ENGLISH! When her scripts didn't work, she transferred me to tech support.

That's when I met Andrew. Long story short, Andrew diagnosed the problem which the other tech guy missed on Saturday (when DishNet sent the second set of smartcards to replace the ones that went missing in the mail, the wrong set were deactivated.

Andrew -- again, someone else that SPOKE ENGLISH!!! -- then promised me he would stay on the line until the problem was corrected. True to his word, he stayed on a total of 1 hour and two minutes, until every set in our house (we have four Dish boxes) were up and running correctly.

To make things even better, even though I was not sounding aggravated or acting like I was fishing for discounts, etc, at the end of our call, Andrew offered me a $50 credit for the 'trouble' he said I must have gone through.

If this is what every CSR at DishNet is trained to do, keep it up! If Andrew is just that special case of someone going above and beyond his pay scale to take charge and treat a DishNet customer as HIS customer, then the gus at EchoStar really need to recognize this guy for his work.

It's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye... or at least forgive them for demolishing RAVE/ZOOM. Seriously.

Mel LeCompte
Church Point, LA

I also have a shout-out to Brenda, the awesome advanced support tech I dealt with on the Monday before New Years.

The first time I called Dish with the problem, I had a tech from the Phillipines. After 1 hr. on the phone with her, we got disconnected and I had no way to reach her, nor did she call me back. Issue was still unresolved.

My frustration level was at the max when I called back and got Brenda in the U.S. Not only did she quickly identify the problem, she scheduled an appointment for me for New Year's Eve. The techs, Allon & Ted from DN that came out, were also great and fixed my problem efficiently and quickly.

I have had Dish for 11 years, and have only had minor problems in the past, usually corrected via the phone.

After having this problem where I've needed more, you can definitely add me to the list of a very satisfied customer. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)