Trying to get inlaws on DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Fellas,

I got my mother-out-law convinced to go with DISH for the $60/mo savings and DVR on all their TVs. My father-out-law is extremely anal about things. So when the installer arrived and wanted to put a DISH on the roof my f-out-law flipped out on the guy. The installer said he couldn't put a pole in the ground unless they called diggers hotline and they would have to concrete the pole into the ground. First off, my f-out-law is a weirdo for not putting it on the roof. Secondly, I've had DISH at both of my homes and they just pounded the pole into the ground with no concrete. I don't know if the deal is off now or what, but the dude shouldn't need to concrete it in right?

She somehow got two 722s for free with the 24 month agreement and I don't want them to lose out on this deal.

What should I do?

pfan

Welcome to the 21st century. Installers are required to call the digger hot line for all pole mounts. I would want it concreted in if it were mine.

Well, the first thing you should do is have someone come concrete your dish pole in place. Then you need to call dish and tell them that the local installer is not willing to install a system to standard for free as he is required to do. Pole mounts are supposed to be included in any installation (and that should include the pole, concrete and up to 50 ft of cable burial). The installer was correct about needing to have DigSafe mark utilities before he digs (if he is unwilling to call them just have your parents call 811 from their home phone). There may be some exceptions for contractors in certain areas, but there are none that I know of, unless you bought the system through a local retailer. If that is the case, then whatever that retailers rules are regarding installs is what applies.

BTW, if you did purchase through a retailer and you are unhappy with their policies, you may want to contact Claude at the DishStore and place your order through him. He helps pay the bills here at satelliteguys.us and from what I understand from other people who have purchased through him, works very hard to keep his customers satisfied. If you go this route, call during normal buisness hours on a weekday and you can usually ask for him directly, as many here have.

Best of luck to you.

this must be a new thing about the concreting in of the poles. And if we had to call diggers hotline, shouldn't they have done so or told us to do so? Is this a new policy with the concreting of the poles?

My f-in-law probably will not want the concreted pole in his perfect landscaping. NOT KIDDING.......he vaccuums out his rocks each spring to get every little piece of dirt out.

I'll talk to the outlaws and tell them to suck it up and pick concreted in pole or shovel off some snow on the roof and put it there.

Cheers,

pfan

this must be a new thing about the concreting in of the poles. And if we had to call diggers hotline, shouldn't they have done so or told us to do so? Is this a new policy with the concreting of the poles?

It's been standard Dish policy for quite some time now (10+ years at my RSP), I believe, and has always been policy up here since I started installing four years ago. I'll NEVER place a dish on a pole without concrete, at least 50 lbs. I put a 6x6 for my dish at home in 150 lbs. just to make sure it's solid enough. The concrete can also be mixed flush with the ground or even concave to not interfere with the perfect landscaping. :D

As for calling the hotline, I wouldn't know until I roll up to a job and evaluate the options. I can tell you for sure that the installers who don't use concrete on their poles are hack jobs, regardless if your systems worked for years.

FINALLY!!! Spoke with a english speaking CSR named Adam who was a fantastic help. I explained my situation with the outlaws and he was very understanding and recognized that I needed to reschedule the install.

He then 3 way called my mother-in-law so we were all on the same page. She got a sweet deal with 2 722s without paying for either of them. He verified this was her deal.

He then was unsure whose responsibility it was to call DiggersHotline so he made some calls and figured it out. He was very understanding and polite. All in all, we were on the phone for about 25 minutes and it was extremely refreshing to talk to someone who understands your issue.

pfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts