A couple of noob questions....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Long time, first time. This is a great forum, btw.

I recently signed up for Dish, got their HD promo, made the 18 month commitment, and received a 722 and 625. I have a few questions:

1. Will I own the equipment when my term is up, or am I leasing it?

2. When I ordered the package, I chose a 3 room setup with a dual-DVR and just a standard receiver (for the bedroom). They gave me two dual receivers, so my now I have DVR service on all TVs with one of the TVs being able to run in single mode. I have Dish DVR advantage (which I believe the DVR fee is included). My problem is I am being charged a seperate DVR fee. I did not want two DVR receivers - - - I only asked for one. Is there any way out of paying the second DVR fee?

3. Neither receiver is installed by a phone jack and I dont feel like snaking wires through the wall or running wires across the floor. Is there anyway out of the "penalty" fee, or am I stuck with it?

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome:hatsoff:
#1-If you leased it in beginning, you will lease it after term is up.

#2-two dvr's two fee's (I believe, would have to go with a non-dvr receiver)
#3-your stuck with it if they decide to charge you.

check the contract you signed.

Good luck:D:D

DVR advantage only includes one fee, you will be charged for the other. Second tuner charges will probably start to show up in the second month of service, if you hook up phone line or through dsl via the ethernet, you can still avoid those charges.

3. Neither receiver is installed by a phone jack and I dont feel like snaking wires through the wall or running wires across the floor. Is there anyway out of the "penalty" fee, or am I stuck with it?

Thanks in advance!!

You could try a Wireless Phone Jack System. Something like this:
RadioShack.com - Phones & Radio Communications: Accessories: Corded & cordless phone accessories: Adapters, jacks & plugs: Wireless Phone Jack System

You can find these at Target, WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc..., usually for a lot less $$$

I've been using a similar set up for our 522 and 622 for over 2 years now with no problems.

Also, regarding the 2nd DVR, you just might want to keep that unit. Once my wife caught on to the DVR concept, she has really gotten into it, so having two units with 5 tuners helps a lot. I can record sports, etc... without worrying about keeping her from her shows. Worth the extra few bucks a month, IMHO.

phone lines

Dish Techs do not install phone lines anymore. It is a big inconvenience for the customer considering the dual receivers require the phone line.

Dish Techs do not install phone lines anymore. It is a big inconvenience for the customer considering the dual receivers require the phone line.

If that is really true I may have stayed. It was far and away the biggest hassle trying to explain to people the phone line fee. Dish CSRs made the problem worse with their terminology. I always felt giving the dual tuner receiver was enough to hookup. If they wanted to save $5 a month then they could add the phone line themselfs or pay the phone company.

I had a landline basically just for the receiver hookup. Now with broadband hookup there is no need to keep it. Thank you dish for finally realizing landlines are on the decline and most people do have some boardband connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)