A couple of questions concerning VOOM

orourke

Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
I have an old dish 300 with a legacy LNBF. The dish is already pointed at 61.5 so that I can receive Sky Angel. I have a couple of questions regarding VOOM.

1) Can I receive VOOM programming with the legacy LNBF (assuming I have a HD receiver) or will I need to replace it with a Dish Pro LNBF?

2) With VOOM being mirrored on 129, are there plans to remove the programming from 61.5?

3) Does anyone have an old HD receiver (with Remote) they would like to sell?

orourke said:
I have an old dish 300 with a legacy LNBF. The dish is already pointed at 61.5 so that I can receive Sky Angel. I have a couple of questions regarding VOOM.
1) Can I receive VOOM programming with the legacy LNBF (assuming I have a HD receiver) or will I need to replace it with a Dish Pro LNBF?
2) With VOOM being mirrored on 129, are there plans to remove the programming from 61.5?
3) Does anyone have an old HD receiver (with Remote) they would like to sell?
Hello orourke.....yes you can use legacy lnb's to pick up 61.5. As far as anyone knows 61.5 will be active with the VOOM ch's for a while. I bought my 811 HD receiver on ebay....the best place to get used stuff. Just make sure the seller has a good rating and check to see if the receiver has any money owed on it. As k for the serial number and then call dish to check it out.

I have my orignal dish that I bought around 1996 at 61.5 and I also have a dish 500 on 110,119. I just got a 811 HD and it all works great.

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts