A couple questions about Sling TV

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
My daughters are trying to get rid of Directv to save money, and I thought Sling may be part of the solution.

1) Since they have 2 TV's, would they need 2 devices to stream Sling(Roku stick, etc?).

2) If they wanted to stream 2 different things at the same time, would they need 2 Sling accounts?

I've been reading about Sling, but I'm a little confused.

Thanks.

Each would need their own Sling account and a compatible streaming device (this includes some Smart TVs). You cannot run multiple Over-The-Top streams through a single streaming device (yet).

My daughters are trying to get rid of Directv to save money, and I thought Sling may be part of the solution.

1) Since they have 2 TV's, would they need 2 devices to stream Sling(Roku stick, etc?).

2) If they wanted to stream 2 different things at the same time, would they need 2 Sling accounts?

I've been reading about Sling, but I'm a little confused.

Thanks.
For the best and most up to date information for SlingTV, contact them on their Facebook page or go to Sling.com. They can tell you all the details and make sure all your questions are answered.

You would need a roku, fire tv, whatever, at each display. And you can watch two things at once (Like History and FX on two different tv's). The one thing that is restricted that I know of is ESPN, to one feed. Pretty stupid, but that is how it is.

Thanks guys. Are you saying they would need 2 accounts AND a Roku stick for each TV?

If they watched the same thing on 2 different TV's, would they need 2 accounts and 2 Roku sticks?

Last edited:
I am providing a link. Think of it this way, you need some way to watch Sling TV so think of that as a "receiver." The "receiver" can be a Roku connected to a TV, Fire Stick or Fire Box connected to a TV, a computer, etc. Each person watching needs a "receiver."
How many can watch from the same account at the same time depends on what your subscription is. The Orange subscription is only one person at a time, but the Blue subscription is up to three people at a time each watching whatever they want.

http://help.sling.com/articles/en_U...ng-TV-on-multiple-devices-at-the-same-time-13

Thanks Tampa8. I did read that. Also, on Sling's website, where it lists compatible devices, it does NOT list the Roku streaming stick. ???

Thanks. Are you happy with the Roku stick while streaming? Performance, reliability, image quality?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)