A D* Fanboy getting bummed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
You all know that I have been with D* forever and have defended them for quite sometime. Have to admit I am getting a bit ill by all of this stuff the last two weeks, but I don't blame D* I blame myself for checking these boards every half hour:p But....

After years of my HR10-250 never ever missing a recording to my surprise last nights episodes of Prison Break, Heroes and whatever that new show is called after Heroes, I ended up with nothing,,,nada all with my new HR20-100. So I go to check it out and I see that although the show is there on the screen, I cant stop it, rewind nothing. So when I go to Play from the beginning, nothing but grey! Okay, so I have it backed up on my SD Tivi, but jeeez, I hope everything works out this week because even D*s biggest fan wants to puke!

Are you getting LIL-HD or OTA? I am using OTA and my scheduled recordings of Heros, Dancing with Stars, How I met..., etc all recorded just fine. And did you mean HR10-250 or HR20? I only ask because you mentioned "my new HR10-250". Didn't think they were still issuing these so recently that it could be considered "new". ;)

Are you getting LIL-HD or OTA? I am using OTA and my scheduled recordings of Heros, Dancing with Stars, How I met..., etc all recorded just fine. And did you mean HR10-250 or HR20? I only ask because you mentioned "my new HR10-250". Didn't think they were still issuing these so recently that it could be considered "new". ;)

My mistake, edited..LIL HD, seems that it will work now, but arrrrgh!

Funny that as I was writing my original post, Scott posts that we are 100% on for tomorrow. Maybe the TV gods thought that I had had enough....

I noticed last night (before it happened) that one of the shows I had previously scheduled to record wasn't showing with the "R" icon in the guide. I went over to it and hit the R button manually and it worked fine. All of the other shows I had scheduled for last night also worked fine, but I am also recording OTA HD feeds, nothing off the dish...

My mistake, edited..LIL HD, seems that it will work now, but arrrrgh!

We now have 2 HR20-700's in the house (LR and MBR) and have almost identical prioritizer lists on both, except they are inverted per day/channel to prevent the three-way blockout that happens when a show like "Dancing..." decides to do a random 1.5 hour or 2-hour show instead of the usual 1-hour show. We learned (actually the neighbors learned, too) just how pissed my wife gets if one of her shows is not recorded...for any reason: weather, schedule conflict, etc. :p

I was pissed at first that Chuck didn't record, but then I saw that the HR20 was smart enough to set the Saturday replay of the pilot to record since there were no/less conflicts then. Smart move for Networks to replay shows on weekends when they are on a heavy night of premieres or more popular shows. Like Greys Anatomy has done replaying shows on Friday night as well as Thursday since they are up against CSI and ER.

You all know that I have been with D* forever and have defended them for quite sometime. Have to admit I am getting a bit ill by all of this stuff the last two weeks, but I don't blame D* I blame myself for checking these boards every half hour:p But....

After years of my HR10-250 never ever missing a recording to my surprise last nights episodes of Prison Break, Heroes and whatever that new show is called after Heroes, I ended up with nothing,,,nada all with my new HR20-100. So I go to check it out and I see that although the show is there on the screen, I cant stop it, rewind nothing. So when I go to Play from the beginning, nothing but grey! Okay, so I have it backed up on my SD Tivi, but jeeez, I hope everything works out this week because even D*s biggest fan wants to puke!
:eek: Who are you and what did you do with FlyingJ?? :eek:

It seem to me that it is the way NBC is sending the guide data. For new series like Chuck and Journeyman the first episode are saying "pilot" instead. Heroes was not shown as new either for some reason. I see the Bionic woman has the same thing going on not wanting to record the first episode.
Take for what it's worth Just guessing.

I was pissed at first that Chuck didn't record, but then I saw that the HR20 was smart enough to set the Saturday replay of the pilot to record since there were no/less conflicts then. Smart move for Networks to replay shows on weekends when they are on a heavy night of premieres or more popular shows. Like Greys Anatomy has done replaying shows on Friday night as well as Thursday since they are up against CSI and ER.

Chuck was the one I had problems with as well, but it wasn't a priority issue - just something with the guide data. I think it was mentioned a few posts back, that it was set as "Pilot" instead of "New" or "Repeat."

Luckily I caught it before I missed it and set it to record manually, which worked fine.

I have found a bug in my brand new HR20-100 when viewing OTA Locals (Heroes) that the audio doesn't come through until you flip between a few channels then back. The funny thing is that it records the audio. I'm totally confused! I've got the 018a software loaded as well.

Any known issues with this or should I be trying to troubleshoot it?

I have found a bug in my brand new HR20-100 when viewing OTA Locals (Heroes) that the audio doesn't come through until you flip between a few channels then back. The funny thing is that it records the audio. I'm totally confused! I've got the 018a software loaded as well.

Mine (HR20-700) works fine for OTA, video and audio, live or recorded...

What brand/model tv do you have?
I had this problem through HDMI on my Samsung plasma.
A firmware update for the tv has apparently fixed the issue for me.

I had this problem too (HR20-700) and found that if I rewind a little, so I am not right up against the end of a live recording, the problem goes away -- strange problem, easy fix (so far.....)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)