A Failure to communicate.

Rosey1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Legendary North Dakota (EN17)
:hatsoff: We have a new set of TVs with widescreen and HD. Our local stations meet our needs for programming. All digital all of the time. Was wanting to get a similar upgrade from our Dish Network service. We had been customers for about a decade or so.

When I called the Dish phone number for upgrades guess it's direct to India. The representative rattled on about all kinds of deals and upgrades. At least that's what I think was happening with that thick accent. Not really sure. There was a time delay between ND and India and I just needed a simple change. I could not get a straight answer or one that would not cost twice what I was paying before 1 year at a time as we normally pay.

So I just called and discontinued DishNetwork. Was not going to pay for things I could not understand from some one in India who could not understand me anyway. Well, I hope they do well in the market in India.

:hatsoff: We have a new set of TVs with widescreen and HD. Our local stations meet our needs for programming. All digital all of the time. Was wanting to get a similar upgrade from our Dish Network service. We had been customers for about a decade or so.

When I called the Dish phone number for upgrades guess it's direct to India. The representative rattled on about all kinds of deals and upgrades. At least that's what I think was happening with that thick accent. Not really sure. There was a time delay between ND and India and I just needed a simple change. I could not get a straight answer or one that would not cost twice what I was paying before 1 year at a time as we normally pay.

So I just called and discontinued DishNetwork. Was not going to pay for things I could not understand from some one in India who could not understand me anyway. Well, I hope they do well in the market in India.

Well, harrumph! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Never heard of CSR roulette?

I called last week and got someone in the US, and considering they have like 9 call centers here...

Either you are unaware that Dish Network has:

1. A website with volumes of information to help you understand what is offered.
2. Local companies who will be glad to help you understand and upgrade your system.
3. A webchat tool that makes it easier to communicate.

or,

You just needed someone foreign to blame for changing your provider and a place to rip on Dish.

Good luck with your new service.

I always love posters who start a "I showed them" thread only to show us that they're an idiot.:D:D:D

They're always good for some laughs!:D:)

Either you are unaware that Dish Network has:

1. A website with volumes of information to help you understand what is offered.
2. Local companies who will be glad to help you understand and upgrade your system.
3. A webchat tool that makes it easier to communicate.

or,

You just needed someone foreign to blame for changing your provider and a place to rip on Dish.

Good luck with your new service.

That definitely could be possible.:eek:

I won't defend Dish Network. They have done things to annoy me like limiting my # of PPV movies, requiring a phone line to each non-VIP receiver and dropping Voom. However, I ALWAYS get a person in the US when I call. Either way, it sounds the OP was P.O.'d about offshoring and wanted to send a message. I wish him/her well.

I won't defend Dish Network. They have done things to annoy me like limiting my # of PPV movies, requiring a phone line to each non-VIP receiver and dropping Voom. However, I ALWAYS get a person in the US when I call. Either way, it sounds the OP was P.O.'d about offshoring and wanted to send a message. I wish him/her well.

Very fair comment.

The person I spoke with lived in India. And I believed that due to the delay in our phone call and told that by the consumer representative. Then the conversation got faster and more expensive to keep Dish services.

Not a problem nowadays. Lots of services out there even in rural North Dakota.

Maybe "Kevin" had an issue with my Midwestern accent as well. Sorry buddy, yah-ye-bettcha. Or as we live so close to the Dominion du Canada...Ahye?

Not a big deal, but wanted the group to see the issues with trying to upgrade our service. It was pretty simple back in the dish 300 days and not as easy in the HD/1000 dot 2/4 world.

Anyway, got a new ant coming from Scott's company so might be able to get them to see things my way. Or use those Blonder-Tongue commercial antennas aimed in several directions for beautiful HD programing. Soon should even get digital programs from Canada! Cool.

My Best to the group,

Mike

Does DHPP give you a person from the US? I notived priority support or something listed as a benefit. I was thinking about saving myself the $6/mo., but maybe its worth it.

You don't need to pay for DHPP you need only to pay for it when you need it.
At least that was the way it was/is a year and a half ago.
I had a problem with the switch on my roof and I called in and the gal said I should get DHPP and my bill would be $29.00 in stead of $99.00 to fix my problem.
She sold me DHPP even she knew that I had a problem.
Now I don't really know if this is still how they do DHPP but perhaps some one on this board can tell us if it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)