A Failure to communicate.

Maybe "Kevin" had an issue with my Midwestern accent as well. Sorry buddy, yah-ye-bettcha. Or as we live so close to the Dominion du Canada...Ahye?

Not a big deal, but wanted the group to see the issues with trying to upgrade our service. It was pretty simple back in the dish 300 days and not as easy in the HD/1000 dot 2/4 world.

Mike
Sorry Mike, but what issues? You had two levels of communications problems. There was no REAL communication, so you really don't know anything, as you would if you had tried calling again and spoke to someone you could CONVERSE with. If you thought upgrading to HD service AND equipment was going to cost you nothing more, then your assumption was misguided to begin with. Good luck with your plethora of other options.

KAB You are correct. There was not much of a communication.

I normally purchase all my equipment and install myself. I did not expect anything free. Never have with Dish. Got the last equipment from Sears. This time I'll get from Scott.

I have a 1000.2 on the way and will order a receiver soon. Not like it's important as we have lots of HD already. Never even considered your assumption that that I could upgrade and get new equipment for free.

Guess if that is what they offer you, go for it!

KBA, "don't know anything" "misguided" OK maybe I am. I have purchased programing from Dish for a decade. I have "user installed". There is not one truck that was rolled to my location. And I am going to continue to do that.

I think you may be "misguided" or did not understand that there could be an issue with positive communication when you call Dish. That is what I needed to pass on to members, and that's it.

You sound pretty level headed Rosey1. If I need to call, I always go for the tech department. I have never spoken to a non-American in the tech portion of their call services. The last time I had an issue, I did the online chat, which was mighty easy.

Dear dahenny,

I just needed the basic service and no need to call tech support. Seemed to be a simple request. Guess there is some angst from some members. Sorry,my fault.

My typing skills are very poor and do not even think about trying the on-line chat.

At this point, I really don't care anymore.

I just wanted others to be aware of the difference from years ago and trying to get into the new services.

Dear dahenny,

I just needed the basic service and no need to call tech support. Seemed to be a simple request. Guess there is some angst from some members. Sorry,my fault.

My typing skills are very poor and do not even think about trying the on-line chat.

At this point, I really don't care anymore.

I just wanted others to be aware of the difference from years ago and trying to get into the new services.

I think you just came across wrong in the first post. Now you seem pretty level-headed as the other poster said.

My apologies for snapping at you.

I'm not racist at all but I too have a serious problem with the India and Phillipines call centers. I've been installing for years and I can count the number of times they have been able to help me do anything that wasn't 100% standard operating procedure on 1 hand.

Even then, everything takes at least twice as long to do.... assuming I don't get disconnected.

These days I don't even try anymore. I hear the accent, I hang up and call back. My patience has worn out.

That mumbler in Lowes was really funny. The black guy he started talking to seemed to understand perfectly what he said, and what was even funnier for me was that about half-way through the clip I started picking up on what he was trying to say. He just sounded like a southerner with a chaw in his mouth needing to spit who was trying to talk without dribbling. I've heard that accent before for sure. (Five minutes talking to that guy and I feel I could understand him perfectly.) Of course another southerner talking to him might say, all right bub, just slow down a bit and go ahead and spit and we'll get you fixed right up.:)

Fitzie

Boys and girls, I'm pretty darn good at accents. One of the nicest guys that I worked with at the Med Group Pharmacy was from the Carolina's. Most of the others were from Texas.

I happen to be Scandinavian and Native American.

To put an end to this post... I have discontinued my Dish Services.

I'm sure if I call on a regular basis, I may find someone who cares. The other part of the story is my bride has M.S. and not willing to spend my life on the phone. Got other things to do like changing diapers and making meals.

That's the way things are around here. I'd like to work as a cert. Optician or also certified Pharm Tech again. But need to take care of my bride. And have done that since May 05 when she had an exacerbation.

Hope you have better care than we have with Fed Ex!

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts