A fast 02468 Trick. CE download Process

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey guys I had a directv installer show me This one. There is no mention of it anywhere, and remember you read it here!

When you reset the receiver, and you first see the ring of light go on. Hit 0,2,4,6,8,enter. Real fast. Then within a few min your software will be downloading. Its important you do this before the picture displays. Give this a shot and let me know how it works. It beats the zero one thousand, two one thousand thing.

Hey guys I had a directv installer show me This one. There is no mention of it anywhere, and remember you read it here!

When you reset the receiver, and you first see the ring of light go on. Hit 0,2,4,6,8,enter. Real fast. Then within a few min your software will be downloading. Its important you do this before the picture displays. Give this a shot and let me know how it works. It beats the zero one thousand, two one thousand thing.

I've always done it that way, I thought that was the only way ....
When I first started doing the CE's, I would wait too long and it would miss the d/l and I'd have to start over.
I put the code in as soon as I see the ring light up ...

Jimbo

Been doing that since say one. On the HXX's I do it as soon as I see the power LED come on since there is no spinning circle of LED's.

BTW Bob, I thought you left DirecTV and went with U-Verse or was it Dish?

When do you do it on an R16? There is only 1 light on the front,and its the power button.

The safest way is to just wait until the 1st screen come up and then enter 0 2 4 6 8 to force the download as soon as you see it. Or if you feel lucky when you see the power LED come back on, it will go off when it reboots, do it then and if it doesn't take just hit the red reset button and try it again.

the 1st screen hemi

the one that says "warming up" or something like it

plug it in, hit power and the 1st screen you see is when you do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts