A favor please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
On Directv go to music channel 807 (Rat Pack).

You may have to listen through a several songs, but after a while you will realize that they are sending only one of the stereo channels, e.g., the left channel to both the left and right channels.

Sometimes it is very evident. Especially on the 60's recordings where they used a lot of separation. Sometimes you will hear just a hint of the missing channel.

Newer recordings are not made with a lot of separation so it will not be as evident.

But, if listen to any song on channel 807 you will hear they are all in mono. No stereo effect at all.

Please tell me if you get the same results as I do?

BTW, all the other music channels sound good and are in full stereo.

I reported this to Directv and they patted me on my pointy little head and told me not to worry about it. At least that's the way they made me feel.

Thanks,

Dennis

Directv said they had no reports on this problem.

We all need to get together and email or call them and maybe they will fix it.

Please,

Dennis

Its Baaaack... now on channel 862, Lonely ol' Night, Mellancamp - heard it many times on the radio and CD, this sounds bad.
15 min. later, Cars "Shake it up" Backround guitar clearly missing.
10:15, Grand Funk Railroad, "We're an American Band" Early in the song, sounded like I had my speakers in a steel can. Whole song, something is definatley missing, can't put my finger on it.
Might be just the particular recording they have of some songs, other songs sound just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts