A few Dish HD questions

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
I live in San Francisco area, and I currently have a Dish 500, wiht Dish 811 and older Dish 4900 receiver. I subscribe to the America's 180 package, and the Dish $10 HD package (5 channnels).

If I want to upgrade to a 211 I guess I have to trade in a receiver. I understand I can upgrade the 4900 for $49. Would I need a new Dish? and would that be included in the $49 fee?

Would Dish run a cable to the second receiver if they had to install a new dish for this setup?

I assume I could use the 811 as a second receiver, but it just wouldn't get the extra HD channels, correct?

But do I now have to pay a $5 lease fee for the new 211? And get the Gold package, which would have more HD channels, but cost $10 more.

Exactly what are the 23 HD channels on the metal packages? I searched Dish's wesite but didn't see a place where the listed all the HD channels offered in the metal pacakages.

Thanks in advance for your help, quite a few questions, but would appreciate your answers......

Had a vip 211 installed about two weeks ago. When I received my latest dish bill there is a $6.00 additional receiver access fee. The installer installed a second 500 dish and a new switch. I receive the Dish HD Gold w/locals. The new HD channels are from the Voom originals. I throughly enjoy all the new HD channels. I live in the Pacific N.W. and the Echo Star 129 West is constantly loosing the signal. E is aware of this problem and it is my understanding it should be corrected soon. I hope this will shed some light on your concerns
Floyd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts