A Few Q's about eastern arc.

bbates23

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Finally my local installers called and they finally got my equipment to hook me up tomorrow. I have the turbo gold hd package with platinum with all premium movie channels. I have 1 hdtv and 2 standard it is my understanding that on the 2 that are standard will just down convert and will still work on my standard tvs is this true? Also How much of difference will there be in which the dish will point, is ti the opposite of the western arc or a little more to the right or what the tech that turned me down for the west arc told me i would be wide open for the east arc but he didnt have the equipment to even tell where the sats where when he was here. im just tryin to get an good idea incase they come and for some reason say i cant get the east arc WHICH WOULD KILL ME LOL!!!!

Thanks in advance for any replies im not too bright when it comes to alot of this tech talk, been learning alot from here though love this place!!

Thanks all for the reply i checked im not sure but looks like i might be screwed lol..tech showed me totally opposite said i was wide open but by looking the sight i might have a 200 ft tree thats goin to block me its about 150 foot from the house, ah be my luck after all this trouble and fightin with dish that i will get another turn down this damn house i hate it , but i cross my fingers . if anyone is interested to see what they think by lookin at that site here is the info

1468 wolfpen creek road, 41836

dish 1000.4 setup i guess.

i bet you can get it. it that tree is that far away from your house. i think that the signal comes in about 22 degrees higher than you put the dish elevation to.

I hope ive been out there pacing the yard looking around.. I think i can go beside the house about 30 foot if they will allow me at least 50 ft of cable i know i will be in good shape. i just hope they dont send someone that dont wanna at least try, hell ill do the buryin and help them do whatever it takes lol...

The EA birds are pretty high up, in fact when I started asking questions one person said my dish will look like a bird bath LOL. Now that it is installed it's not THAT high up, but the elevation is pretty high...looks to be very similar to some neighbors DirectTV Slimline dishes.

I just had an eastern arc install, and the dish is pointed right towards a tall tree, and the installer got good signals.

FINALLY GOT IT ISNTALLED...lol..

Tech came hooked up no problems about 92 percent signal stregnth on all 3 birds... Hd looks like sh*t though guess where its hooked up just through regular composite cable(red,yellow,white) goin to get me an hdmi tomorrow...

FINALLY GOT IT ISNTALLED...lol..

Tech came hooked up no problems about 92 percent signal stregnth on all 3 birds... Hd looks like sh*t though guess where its hooked up just through regular composite cable(red,yellow,white) goin to get me an hdmi tomorrow...

Shouldn't look like sh$t....make sure the menu settings are correct, 1080i 16x9.

Thanks for the site,
Yeh the regular composite cables suck big time that comes with the receiver. I hooked a regular cable line to it and it looks 10 times better from just doing that so i can imagine what and HDMI will do.. But so far love the DVR and channels.

Yes, it should and it will. Composite (Yellow) video cable will not carry an HD signal. You must have Component (Red/Green/Blue) or HDMI.

And now for the obligatory public service announcement: Don't spend big bucks on an overpriced HDMI cable. Go to monoprice.com.

You are right, I read composite and was thinking component. I didn't think anyone used those anymore... :) sorry.

Got my HDMI cable. I must say the HD channels look AWESOME now. Im really happy with my new service, glad i waited all the BS out lol took me 6 weeks to get hooked up on the eastern arc but it was well worth the wait.

Got my HDMI cable. I must say the HD channels look AWESOME now. Im really happy with my new service, glad i waited all the BS out lol took me 6 weeks to get hooked up on the eastern arc but it was well worth the wait.

It's all good