A few questions about Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dave2118

Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Zionsville, IN
Hello,

I did some searching and couldn't come up with some answers:

1. What do people typically do when their 2 years is up? Right now, we're right at our two year mark and DirectTV has some great deals. Can you get similar promotions like new customers get?
2. We may be moving in 6 months, what's the cost to transfer to a new house? Does anyone know DirectTV's cost? If the new house doesn't have southern exposure, maybe it's a better idea to wait?

Don't do anything. When contract is up you can cancel anytime. If you are moving, first make sure you can get satellite where you will be. If you can, before you move decide if you want Direct TV or Dish. Dish will set-up at the new house you would just bring your receivers.

You most likely get a new customer deal with whoever you would switch to, and it would be less for awhile than Dish. When the promotion is over then all bets are off, though with Direct TV the cost may not be that much higher, Cable will be ridiculous. Depending on a few things, you may be able to upgrade with Dish if you wish, to the Hopper or whatever, with no charge and that might be worth it to you.

Don't forget to make sure whoever you go to has the programming you want including in HD.

Absolutely agree with Tampa8. Don't get into a 2 year commitment that you might regret in 6 months. And reread his last sentence.

Thanks. Makes sense.

I've been comparing between the two, and the Viacom thing is probably going to prevent me from making the switch. I doubt we'll move into a house that doesn't have southern exposure anyway.

Hello,

I did some searching and couldn't come up with some answers:

1. What do people typically do when their 2 years is up?

While some b***h and moan, those are the ones that bounce from provider to provider. Most of us just pay our bill as usual.

Have to agree, though, you should wait and be sure beforehand.

In todays economy, I would go with whichever one is cheaper. I was with dish for two year was having a lot of dropped signals then moved over to direct tv for two years. When I had direct tv installed their installer said that my dish installer had my dish pointed directly at a telephone pole which was a cause of my dropping problems. After 2 years with Direct TV I went back to dish because well it saves me $500. over the course of two years. That is a substantial savings.

I prefer dish's customer service better thand direct tv. I think Direct has a slightly better PQ but not enough to factor into the decision making. For me right now it is about the $$$$.

I now have two dishes on my house side by side (direct and dish) and after two years will probably evaluate the process all over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts