A few questions about FTA PC DVB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

juicemansam

Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
Hi all, I'm interested in knowing if my experiences with FTA are normal or just me. First off my setup. I have a FORTEC STAR FC90CM (U) with the Sadoun KUL1 and the Sadoun Digipower SG2100, and KWorld DVB-S 100. I struggled for a few months (trying on and off) to connect to Galaxy10R (123W), which I managed after using the sun's position to get the proper location. But before then, I had first locked on Galaxy25 (97W), using the same sun method. I did not use the motor for those setups, but did later (I've given up on the motor for now and put it away, until I have more experience). I was also able to view Galaxy27 (129W). I used MyTheatre to get a signal, but dvbdream to actually view the channels.

But the strange things (at least for me) are the following: While viewing from 97W, I was able to get about 12 video and few radio channels (one or two of the video channels didn't have audio). Then I locked on to 123W, where I was able to get about 15 channels. On 129W, the only channel available was visible. I also noticed that various copies of the channels existed on different transponders, giving me tens or hundreds of channels listed, but really on the few numbered above. Before I removed the motor from my setup, I was able to manually move (via motor button, or MyTheatre's Positioner Console) the dish into 129W, 123W, and 97W's position (couldn't get any other satellites), but the channels that I previously had were no longer available, but others that I previously didn't see were there (on 97W). On 123W (w/motor) I was only able to get two channels, Research and UWTV; all transponders had no signal. After taking off the motor, and aligning the dish to 123W, I am no longer getting those two channels, nor any other channel, except for KTWO on tp 12104. Every other transponder has no signal or the same channel.

So my questions are: are multiple copies of channels on different transponders normal? What can be wrong with my alignment? The pole is as plum as possible, and the dish/lnb are in the same/similar position as when I was able to receive more channels. Is it possible that the LNB is damaged by heavy rain and freezing overnight temperatures. Could either the LNB or the PC receiver card be damaged by humidity inside a signal meter left overnight during such mentioned weather?

Thanks in advance!

It's normal to get dupe channels on dupe transponders... but it sounds like you may need to do some more tweaking. On 123 the research channels are the strongest tps... Mine are usually in the 90s. The others on there for me are in the 40s range... 123 is a bit harder to get everything on than some other satellites, but it's worth doing if you can get it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)