A few questions about "moving" with Hulu Live and my ExpressVPN service and ExpressVPN router...

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I have ExpressVPN and an ExpressVPN router at home and am planning to sign up for Hulu Live late this week and want to "move" when I do so. I'm new to "moving" with streaming services, so bear with me. Anyways, I have a few questions...

1. Does Hulu Live have VPN blockers? If they do, does ExpressVPN still do pretty well with that service? I want to "move" somewhere in the same time zone to keep it simple so I am picking Chicago. The Twin Cities isn't an option with ExpressVPN.

2. Do I need a fake "moved" full address, a semi-legit (as in house number between two house numbers) address? Do I actually need a legit actual address that I "moved to" when I sign up?

3. Do I need my VPN turned on since I'm going to be "moved" when I sign up?

4. Do I need my VPN router at home turned on all the time, or at least most of the time, when I'm not streaming Hulu? Or can I turn it off when I don't want it on?

I'm hoping either Scott or one of you guys can help me on these questions...

Have no idea about Hulu Live, but YTTV let’s you select the zip code you want your Home Market in.

When we moved from Metro Detroit to Florida, it let me select the zip code, so we were able to watch Detroit Locals here in the Orlando area, a few months later I switch it to the Orlando locals ( where we live).

Reactions: AZ.
Have no idea about Hulu Live, but YTTV let’s you select the zip code you want your Home Market in.

When we moved from Metro Detroit to Florida, it let me select the zip code, so we were able to watch Detroit Locals here in the Orlando area, a few months later I switch it to the Orlando locals ( where we live).
I'll give it a shot this Thursday after I sign up. When I sign up, I'll use my actual zip code, but I learned I can change it, and of course I can always change it back. I'll see what happens...

Reactions: TheKrell
Interesting...When I had YTTV it wouldn't allow me to switch my "home area". I wanted Minneapolis locals but it only allowed me to have Mankato. Maybe I didnt try it right

Interesting...When I had YTTV it wouldn't allow me to switch my "home area". I wanted Minneapolis locals but it only allowed me to have Mankato. Maybe I didnt try it right
Is there a VPN that has the Twin Cities? I don't want to spend more money until I know of one.

Not sure about Hulu, but since some have mentioned YTTV, if you have an android device and the appropriate location spoofer, you could move to wherever you wanted, as often as you wanted. Even within minutes of doing it.

Yttv would allow you to move though. Hulu live limits it in my experience. It might be more trouble than it’s worth.

Not sure about Hulu, but since some have mentioned YTTV, if you have an android device and the appropriate location spoofer, you could move to wherever you wanted, as often as you wanted. Even within minutes of doing it.

Yttv would allow you to move though. Hulu live limits it in my experience. It might be more trouble than it’s worth.
Being an Apple guy and using Hulu Live to save money in the long run since I already have the Disney Bundle, I guess I'm out of luck on that. Most local TV stuff is identical other than news anyways and I plan on streaming everything. I'll be happy with Hulu Live even if it doesn't work with "moving". I'll give "moving" a quick shot with it and even if it doesn't work I can get out of market locals with Puffer and LocalBTV. No big loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)