A few questions from a relative newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

africanhut

Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Youngstown, Ohio
:music Hello all, just found the forum and am very excited. Dish Network does not always help me much on the problems I have with the 522 and I hope you all can provide more useful information.

I got the DVR about a month ago and I have learned a lot of things on my own. One of my problems is that the time on the channel guide is not in sync with the time of the DVR. In other words, if I don't start my recordings 2 minutes early and end them two or 3 minutes late, I miss the beginning or end of the show. Shouldn't the two be in sync?? Again, since they are obviously now on my player at least, can I sync it some way??

This leads me to my second question. At times I will record shows back to back and by me starting them early, they overlap. The tech at Dish said to use Record Plus to solve this. He said it would automatically send the second program to the other tuner. When I set it to go to tuner 1, then everything I schedule, goes to tuner 1 (which is what we watch all the time).

Also, if they overlap, neither show records (put it shows that it did in the history) and shows scheduled later in the day do not record either. I have to make sure any overlapping is eliminated before it will start recording correctly again.

I have a few more questions but for now, these are the major ones. I would appreciate any help here. I am tired of losing my Jay Leno. I look forward to watching the monolouge in the morning.

Thanks very much in advance and God bless,
Mike :bow

You mean there is a way to...............

..........skip commercials while recording?? If you can do that, I sure would like to know how?? :eek:

Thanks very much for your responses.

God Bless,
Mike :bow

You can skip commercials when the shows are not "live". That means you can skip commercials for recorded or paused shows. For paused shows, you can only skip forward as much as it has been paused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)