A few, well, a lot of questions!

IneedHelp

Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Hello,

I am a former member here and a former employee of E* but I've been out of touch for a few years. I am building a house in NC and wanted to ask everyone a few questions to determine my best options.

Any new receivers? Last one I knew of was 622, 222

Have they fixed 129, or is there another option besides 61.5?

I glanced over an article about the DVR lawsuit, is dish allowed to keep the service?

I want to hook up six rooms, 3 HD, 3 standard; what are my options? I want 2 of the HD to have the DVR.

Will I have to purchase any receivers?

How many cables do I need to run to each room and how many to the dish location?

I think that's it for now.

A few answers:

Newest HD receiver is the 722, it has a bigger hard drive than the 622 plus HD on it's Dish on Demand coming soon.

Pretty much the same, some local HD's have been put on 61.5 as spot beams in some of the harder to receach 129 areas.

Only receivers affected are the 721, 921 and 942, new receivers not affected by the Tivo lawsuit.

Dish will lease you a 722 and maybe a 222 or 211, you would need to buy for the third HD (another 722 with the 222 will give you all six tv's with 2 HD dvr and 2 sd dvr).

Depends on the Dish, if you can use a 1000.2 you can run one line to each of the three dual tuner receivers (if that's what you can get) and feed both tuners with a DPP Separator.

Note: questions 4 & 5 are combined for one answer.

They will give you a 722 and a 222 (or 322), for free when you sign up.... if you want a second DVR (HD or SD) you have to purchase it.... so best thing would be to buy another 722 IMO..... that would get you 6 tuners total.... 3 of them HD.... and DVR on 4 TVs. (last I heard they can offer you a decent discout on purchasing the second 722 at sign up, with 24 month commitment of course)

Each room only needs 1 line to it, to the Dish Location (or ON-Q box or TV-Can, or any central wiring location)....

Depending on where you live, the 129 satellite works just fine.... so if you have good LOS, they could just put up a 1000.2 and run a line to each receiver location, and diplex at your wiring junction to feed the secondary TVs. If you're in certain markets, you MIGHT get an Eastern Arc Dish, looking at the newer satellites and the 61.5 for your HD.... even then you would have a DPP 33 or 44 Switch in your system so you would still only need 1 line to each TV location.

The Tivo lawsuit does not affect any of Dishes new DVRs... the lawsuit is over the software that was once part of certain older DVRs... which haven't been given to customer's in a long time.

The 129 is fine now? When I was in Washington State we had to start putting up 24 inch dishes for it, and the dish 1000 NEVER worked. The 1000.2 works fine though?

The 129 is fine now? When I was in Washington State we had to start putting up 24 inch dishes for it, and the dish 1000 NEVER worked. The 1000.2 works fine though?

I can't personally speak for Washington.... but I am in northern California and I have had a 1000.2 for 2 years with no signal issues.

The first generation 1000 dishes always sucked ass.

the 129 is still a mess and falling out of the sky.

Yes, it is still not stable (stable is in staying put in it's orbit)... and never will be until it is replaced... but as far as performance, it works fine for me... I have not had any major issues yet... of course I did install my own system...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)