A form letter from the big G.W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Shuffled into work this morning still fighting the same damed cold Ive had and loosing my voice at the same time thinking it would be another miserable day of being sick and working in the cold. Well as I was heading out to get my work van the installation manager hands me a picture frame and in it is a letter from the president thanking me for my time doing hurricane relief work earlier this year. Granted it is a form letter and is titled "Dear Friend" and his signature is stamped on but that aside it is nice to know that the president thought enough to thank everyone that had been involved in relief work in one fashion or another.

I have collected almost a dozen group and individual form letters (letters of appreciation, etc.) from the Commander in Chief over the years. Cheesy...yes! Effective...absolutely! It is always nice to know your hard work is appreciated.:)

Do you guys really think the president...THIS president, knows anything about this? He doesn't have to approve it to get these letters to you guys, it's done by some people much lower on the totem pole...

If it cheers you up, hey great, but let's end the delusion eh? Unless you're clearing brush off the ranch he doesn't know who you are...

i think he knows something about it. he has to give the ok either verbally or written on everything his signature goes on. does not matter if it is stamped or autopen.

granted, someone might have told him that is what they are doing, i serious doubt he has no idea about it.

I will almost guarantee he doesn't know anything about it...

You think he's active in everything his name goes on? That "Happy Holidays" card the white house sent out, you think he saw it? If anyone did, it was laura and I'm not even sure that they'd ask her...

I'd say the chances of him knowing about it are as good as me spending christmas with my new christmas avatar girls...

Hey thanks there Grinchy, its not as if Im under some dilusion that the prez said to one of his staffers to fire off a letter to me by name, heck I did say that it was titled "Dear Friend", sheesh kill joy.

The important thing is that SOMEONE decided to do this for you guys, and that's what matters. Someone thinks you guys did a good thing, I'm just pointing out that it wasn't the president...

Purogamer said:
Do you guys really think the president...THIS president, knows anything about this? He doesn't have to approve it to get these letters to you guys, it's done by some people much lower on the totem pole...

If it cheers you up, hey great, but let's end the delusion eh? Unless you're clearing brush off the ranch he doesn't know who you are...
Take your negativeness elsewhere, eh?

SimpleSimon said:
Take your negativeness elsewhere, eh?

Well, he's still right. It's nowhere near to presidential level. And no, he doesn't have to know about it, that's why he has his staff.

They used to get cards from bush but you don't want to know what they said inside, you'd be sickened...Wonder if that still goes on...

I got an autographed picture of the Bush family a while back and it had my name on it. It was after election time.

Stargazer said:
I got an autographed picture of the Bush family a while back and it had my name on it. It was after election time.
No offense but I would wipe my ass with it and send it back:eek:

BrettTRay said:
I wonder if any of the troops in afganistan or iraq got thank you letters from Bush????
Yes, and I think they got a visit from the President the VP and the SEC. of State! When I was 10yrs old or so, I wrote a letter to JFK. In return, I got a letter from one of his Aids, thanking me for my letter and support. That letter had alot of influence on my military career, and my life.--Ray

Last edited:
raymo721 said:
DE OPPRESSO LIBRE! For Those Who Have Fought For It, Freedom Has A Flavor The Protected Will Never Know.
Your sig speaks the truth.

BrettTRay said:
No offense but I would wipe my ass with it and send it back
There's a difference between criticism and hatred/disrespect.

I don't care WHICH President it was, if I saw you do that, I would beat you into the ground, and deport the dirt. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.