A good zip code to "move" to for NY HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Anybody knows a good zip code that I can "move" to in order to get the NY HD channels? In the past DTV had the "other local channel" options that allowed me to check that as well as if I qualified but I can't find that any longer.

I am also assuming those NY HD channels are still on CONUS, right?

Thanks!

Actually, any zip in the central or eastern time zones would work since the four majors are on CONUS. You'd just have to find one that already qualifies for DNS. But, you didn't hear this from me as it is illegal. Also, you might end up losing your locals back in CA.

All you have to do is "MOVE" and give DirecTV a "service address" in the NYC area and you will then get to watch the NY Channels in the 380's and the 390's. You will NOT get any other NY locals, just FOX NBC CBS and ABC. And yes, you will lose your locals (Sacramento Locals). Just use a OTA. That's what I'm doing right now. :D

All you have to do is "MOVE" and give DirecTV a "service address" in the NYC area and you will then get to watch the NY Channels in the 380's and the 390's. You will NOT get any other NY locals, just FOX NBC CBS and ABC. And yes, you will lose your locals (Sacramento Locals). Just use a OTA. That's what I'm doing right now. :D

Cool. Thanks. I actually get my locals with OTA pretty darn good. Just want to do sum time shifting! :D thanks again

dang. stupid Directv OTA tuner is acting up. It won't see the main channels for fox and abc! WTF?? It shows the sub-channels (e.g, 2.2, or 7.2, 7.3) but when I try the 2.1 or 7.1 it says "no signal". Makes no sense other then it is broken (I can see those channels with my TV tuner.) wonder what warranty they have for those?

If you don't mind me asking, what is it your wife would miss? For your "LOCALS", just us a OTA.

There are a few local shows she likes on our ABC and FOX Affiliates. I live too far from the Twin Cities to get OTA. It wont effect me for Sports given I subscribe to NFLST, NHLCI and MLBEI.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts