A Great Big Thank You to Dish Network

rglore

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Louisville
Thanks so much for the pure HD feed from the Democratic Convention. The coverage has been amazing, good camera work and a beautiful picture. It's been so enjoyable to actually watch the convention without the constant commentary from all the talking heads and commercials. I feel like I'm there seeing exactly what's going on every minute to interpret for myself what's happening and what the speakers are saying. I wish they would do the Republic Convention too.

Please no political discussion, just comment on Dish Network's convention coverage.

Yes, this coverage has been thoroughly enjoyable....awesome pic quality and uninterrupted. Great job, Dish Network! :up

It is refreshing to be able watch without the babble of commentators. It would be nice if some of the sports channels would be telecast without the "expert commentaries" as well.

During the Olympics, I noticed at one time that if I disabled the center speaker, I didn't hear the talking anymore. I don't know if it was that way the whole time.

This was fantastic coverage. It was so nice to listen to the speeches in full without interuption from commentators. And the HD was great! :up

I agree and enjoyed the feed as well. I shot off an e-mail to Dish thanking them for this. It was a great alternative to all the slanted media now a days. AND good HD!

Yeah I'm trying to get Dish setup at are GOP Headquarters here so we can have a watch party.. :)

I enjoyed it too. Plus, without commercial interruption. Even though the other places did shut up during the main speeches they would put up their own graphic. It was refreshing to see a "bug" free news event.

Dish should dedicate a channel to 'information'. Like what channels are broadcasting special events such as the Olympics or the DNC. I did not even know about this dedicated channel, and now feel like I missed out. Well, I will have to check out the RNC next week.

Dish is going to have to upgrade their service to Alaska :

sarah_palin2.jpg

Dish should dedicate a channel to 'information'. Like what channels are broadcasting special events such as the Olympics or the DNC. I did not even know about this dedicated channel, and now feel like I missed out. Well, I will have to check out the RNC next week.

Nice idea, plus it would be pretty easy to implement. They have a static slide on channel 102 that has the "free preview" information. All they would have to do is to add a "check out channel 211 for full coverage of the republican and democrat conventions."

Yet another easy improvement that dish probably won't do.

Well a big whatever here from me.

The only thing I would give a big thank you to Dish for was if Voom was coming back.

Yes folks I have been quiet for awhile but, I still miss MonstersHD & RaveHD alot.

During the Olympics, I noticed at one time that if I disabled the center speaker, I didn't hear the talking anymore. I don't know if it was that way the whole time.
Auto racing is like that too. Do not know if Dish broadcasts track noise via SAP, but NASCAR on FOX OTA plays pure unadulterated track noise complete with track announcers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)