A liitle help fellars....

Jimmy J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Wallingford, VT.
Got a call from E* last week. Need to upgrade my 2 (811's) in oder to continue receiving HD programming.

Installer will be here this Wednesday. When I spoke to the CSR they said that the 2 new rcvr's will be free of charge to upgrade as well as the install of a second dish for any additional HD programming I want to get....(currently get programming of 110/119 up here in Vermont. I also have the original HD pack for $9.99/month.

Now, my question....with my current setup,

(1) 322, and (2) 811's, AT 250, DHA

What would be the best package to subscribe to (for more HD) without having a huge fee increase? I'd like to keep my current monthly ($84.78)about the same, a decrease in fee would be great, but I'm a realist! Some wrote in another thread, you need a friggin' Ph.D in order to decipher all the options, and I agree.

Any suggestions?

Got a call from E* last week. Need to upgrade my 2 (811's) in oder to continue receiving HD programming.

Installer will be here this Wednesday. When I spoke to the CSR they said that the 2 new rcvr's will be free of charge to upgrade as well as the install of a second dish for any additional HD programming I want to get....(currently get programming of 110/119 up here in Vermont. I also have the original HD pack for $9.99/month.

What would be the best package to subscribe to (for more HD) without having a huge fee increase? I'd like to keep my current monthly ($84.78)about the same, a decrease in fee would be great, but I'm a realist! Some wrote in another thread, you need a friggin' Ph.D in order to decipher all the options, and I agree.

Any suggestions?

If you keep your AT250 and add HD Ultimate at 20.00, Thats what I have, It shouldn't be much of an increase and you will have most of the HD available. Look at the HD packs on E* web site for channel lists and choices.

Any suggestions?

Keep your AT250 and change your $9.99/month Dish HDPak to the $10.00/month dishHD Essentials. That's a $0.01 increase. If you are already leasing your 811s, then you will incur a $2/month increase in lease fees because the new Dish HD receivers are $7/month instead of $5/month lease charge. If you own your receivers, then you will incur a $7/month lease charge for the second new Dish HD receiver (first is covered in program costs). I'm not sure about Vermont's sales taxes. If they tax leases, you will also incur that tax on both new HD receivers (e.g., Vermont sales tax rate X $14/month=additional monthly cost of upgrade).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)