A little unhappy with installer

crash331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
I just got the Turbo HD package and I checked with a CSR before the install to make sure that I was getting a 722 on the Eastern Arc. I did get the 722, but I guess the installer didn't want to make the effort to find a LOS for the EA and he just pointed me at the western sats.

I know there isn't much difference, but I have 3 concerns.

1. I'd like the extra DVR space that comes with MPEG4.
2. I don't want rain fade from the western sats.
3. I want my setup to be as future-proof as possible. I'm in the Atlanta DMA and it was my understanding that in the future they want us all on the EA.

Should I call DISH and complain now, or wait until I get rain fade and tell them that the western sats are unacceptable or what?

Only the 129 is an issue on the western arc and a new bird was just launched so that shouldnt be an issue much longer. Much of the content of the western stuff is MPEG4 as well. There really is no reason for one over another except for locals or LOS issues.

I just got the Turbo HD package and I checked with a CSR before the install to make sure that I was getting a 722 on the Eastern Arc. I did get the 722, but I guess the installer didn't want to make the effort to find a LOS for the EA and he just pointed me at the western sats.

I know there isn't much difference, but I have 3 concerns.

1. I'd like the extra DVR space that comes with MPEG4.
2. I don't want rain fade from the western sats.
3. I want my setup to be as future-proof as possible. I'm in the Atlanta DMA and it was my understanding that in the future they want us all on the EA.

Should I call DISH and complain now, or wait until I get rain fade and tell them that the western sats are unacceptable or what?

110 is a brand new satellite. 129 is in the process of being replaced by a new satellite in the next couple weeks. A new 119 satellite will likely be launched next year. In comparison, the EA satellites are a bit long in the tooth. I don't think E* will move the Atlanta locals to just the EA but if they do, I'm sure E* will fix you up along with the thousands of existing WA customers in the Atlanta DMA.

Ok, cool. I didn't know all of the technical reasons behind it. Right now there are no practical reasons to ask for EA, but I just wanted to make sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts