A Million Ways to Die in the West

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: A Million Ways to Die in the West

Tagline: Bring Protection

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Western[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Seth MacFarlane[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Seth MacFarlane[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlize Theron[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Liam Neeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amanda Seyfried[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Neil Patrick Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Giovanni Ribisi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sarah Silverman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wes Studi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Evan Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Preston Bailey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ralph Garman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Challen Cates[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dennis Haskins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rex Linn[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-30[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]116[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]As a cowardly farmer begins to fall for the mysterious new woman in town, he must put his new-found courage to the test when her husband, a notorious gun-slinger, announces his arrival.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
12fqfvUmBOPg2pA0RsEhc31P28O.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

This is, to put it gently, a stupid, immature, silly, crude, and, at times, very, very funny rom-com.

The movie is nothing like what I expected. It is not a laugh-a-minute mindless comedy. It does have a rather well-defned, if not simplistic and contrived plot line. But overall the humor is sophomoric. But really, what else should someone expect from Seth McFarlane? He is a 12 year-old at heart. Heck, the first several jokes in the movie are fart jokes! I did laugh. They were funny. But they were fart jokes. The humor pretty much remains at this level for the entire length of the movie. At times, it got tiresome. But I laughed. So what else should I expect from a comedy.

As I mentioned, the movie actually has a plot. A simple romance story of a lone sheep farmer looking to get back together with a woman who left him for the moustachioed town prick played by Doogie Houser himerlf, Niel Patrick Harris. Meanwhile he meets a female friend who is trying to help him get back with this girl. There is more to it, but I do not want to take away from the joy of discovery.

There is one cameo that had me laughing so hard I had to stop the movie to catch my breath. Though anyone who knows about the joke will know that this movie is set a year too late and is really out of place.

So, do I recommend this movie? I'm really on the fence. But, no. Not really. It has its moments of fun,but overall it's tired, worn-out humor. The plot is simplistic and stale. The acting is purposely two-dimensional. And the main character, played by Seth McFarlane is "Brian Griffin" from the Family Guy in human form. As much as I like Family Guy, more than 22 minutes at a time is too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)