A Modest Request (thought I was going to type "Proposal", didn't you?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Scott,
I know Ads pay the bills (along with subscribers), but I wonder if it is at all possible to eliminate ANY ads on the Logon page? The SatelliteGuys Reader App has this annoying habit of opening up a link in the built-in browser and since my Password manager doesn't work inside it, I have to enter my credentials. Before that can happen, usually, the pop-up or pop-behind, or whatever annoying Advertisements have hijacked the screen and redirected me to another screen which usually does not render. This makes using links in the App rather useless.

If you can eliminate all Advertising from the Logon Page, that would give some of us one-finger typists a fighting chance at logging in to the built-in browser. Is that possible?

I just tried the News thread talking about the NFL being added to the SlingTV service and before I could finish putting in my password the eSurance ad sent me to its own page. Grrr™

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about:

Last edited:
Scott,
I know Ads pay the bills (along with subscribers), but I wonder if it is at all possible to eliminate ANY ads on the Logon page? The SatelliteGuys Reader App has this annoying habit of opening up a link in the built-in browser and since my Password manager doesn't work inside it, I have to enter my credentials. Before that can happen, usually, the pop-up or pop-behind, or whatever annoying Advertisements have hijacked the screen and redirected me to another screen which usually does not render. This makes using links in the App rather useless.

If you can eliminate all Advertising from the Logon Page, that would give some of us one-finger typists a fighting chance at logging in to the built-in browser. Is that possible?

I just tried the News thread talking about the NFL being added to the SlingTV service and before I could finish putting in my password the eSurance ad sent me to its own page. Grrr
Just stay logged in. That's what I do and haven't had an issue for 10 years now.

Just stay logged in. That's what I do and haven't had an issue for 10 years now.
If I could log in, I guess I'd click the option to Stay Logged In. But I get re-directed before I get that far.

I maintain that Ads on the Logon page serve zero purpose. Well, other than annoying me, but I'm sure that's just a fringe benefit!

If I could log in, I guess I'd click the option to Stay Logged In. But I get re-directed before I get that far.

I maintain that Ads on the Logon page serve zero purpose. Well, other than annoying me, but I'm sure that's just a fringe benefit!
Understand, it's a necessary evil. There might be something wrong with the logon page.

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 20.21.25 .png
What the heck is it, then? It's got the SatelliteGuys "G" logo I made for you, with "READER" underneath. Publisher is SatelliteGuys.US, V5.0.42

If that's not the official App, I'm confused.

Ahh I just saw the picture above which is the satelliteguys website. I didn't realize it was a video (and. Couldn't play it before either as I was in a town council meeting)

What's happening is you are clicking a link which takes you to your web browser outside the Satelliteguys Reader.

To solve this open up the web browser and log in and click remember me.

Unfortunately there is no turn off the ad for the login screen as it's a global ad.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Unfortunately there is no turn off the ad for the login screen as it's a global ad.
Should the Ad redirect the browser away from the Logon page? That's just plain hostile. You can see I don't even get a chance to type in my password before I'm redirected to the eSurance ad.

Hmmm, I thought there was a way to specify in the App's setting to use Safari instead of the default browser, but I'm not seeing it. So, the Reader App is using whatever built-in browser that comes with Apple's development tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)