A new channel, Pivot TV, has launched (197 on Dish)

Have you seen Pivot's Take Part Live? Clearly liberal slant, wayyyyy slant. They are left of MSNBC. They are trying to appeal to the Obama youngsters/hipsters, but I think the choice of politics is for more cynical reasons to really focus in on that highly desirable demographic that advertisers LOVE more than any other (willing to pay for iPhone upgrades every 6 months who buy things to display for other people to notice how "hip" they are such as the bright Apple logo on that overpriced laptop, an act that has them willing to advertise for Apple for no compensation), far more focused on the group than any other channels I've seen so far.

Yes I have seen it and I don't care about the slant (which Pivot gave McCain's daughter her own show so there's that) because I learned about more topics that concerned/interested me in one hour than I have ever learned watching the 24 hour news channels. Take Part Live is going to join The Daily Show as my TV ways of learning news. With that said I'll still find most of my news online.

Have you seen Pivot's Take Part Live? Clearly liberal slant, wayyyyy slant. They are left of MSNBC. They are trying to appeal to the Obama youngsters/hipsters, but I think the choice of politics is for more cynical reasons to really focus in on that highly desirable demographic that advertisers LOVE more than any other (willing to pay for iPhone upgrades every 6 months who buy things to display for other people to notice how "hip" they are such as the bright Apple logo on that overpriced laptop, an act that has them willing to advertise for Apple for no compensation), far more focused on the group than any other channels I've seen so far.

Hip or smart? Have you seen the price that used iPhones/iPads go for on places like Ebay/Craigslist? It is not exactly like buying 99% of other electronics which rapidly decrease in price once used. Let me use this iPhone for a few months, upgrade, and recover all my money by selling my old phone on Ebay.

Caught a few episodes of Friday night lights, I know it's also on espn classic as well

Yes I have seen it and I don't care about the slant (which Pivot gave McCain's daughter her own show so there's that) because I learned about more topics that concerned/interested me in one hour than I have ever learned watching the 24 hour news channels. Take Part Live is going to join The Daily Show as my TV ways of learning news. With that said I'll still find most of my news online.

The show was beneath silly, and not nearly as "well-written" or "well-performed" (not to my standard but to others') as some of the pseudo-news shows on Comedy Central that are still below my standards and a poor substitute obtaining knowledge of current events and being "well-read" about it, as the best information is still written and published in TEXT, not A/V. The sometimes out of control free-for-all on the old 1970's Match Game involving word definitions, correct spellings, political figures, and world events, and points of history and literature had more substance and was way more funny than Take Part Live. I would ay that these poor performers were cheap, less funny version of the Comedy Central content. I don't see Pivot around in the long run.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)