A newbie question from a Satellite Virgin

\h3x

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Alaska
I live in Southern Alaska and was trying hard to get D*.. Well the installers from California (Connect TV) will not come out here at all, stating because I don't have any local channels in my area..

Well, it appears that D* does not want my business. So I have a few questions about E*

1) The only reason I really wanted D* was for the NFL Sunday Ticket.. I just moved up here from Seattle 2 months ago and I can't fathom the thought of missing out on all the Seahawks games.. My question is, can I get Seattle locals on E*? I did a search and notice that someone was saying they could add distant locals on the E* website http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=65169

Any help is greatly appreciated... I just can't live without the Hawks!! :(

Sorry, you can't get Seattle as a distant local market. The only distant local markets that are available are LA, New York, Denver and Chicago.

If I remember correctly, Seattle is spot beam which would make it impossible for you to get the signal up in Alaska.

If you live in Alaska, you should be able to get Anchorage, Fairbanks oir Juneau locals depending on where you are. Check on Dish's locals page qualification

Some Seahawks games are on the Fox station from Anchorage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)