Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We have received word that DBSTalk has changed the rules of their CE Program. One of the new rules that we have been getting asked about by our members is this new rule which they have added.

No CE Chatter outside the CE forum

While we are loosening up other CE rules we have to tighten up on this one. Any posts that reference CE in any way, unless made by a Moderator, will be deleted without warning. In the case of multiple offenses you will be permanently removed from the CE group. This includes posting or discussing CE information at other forums. DBSTalk is the exclusive home of the Cutting Edge and the only site where DIRECTV staff actively read and log issues.

It should be noted that as much as they would like to think so, DBSTalk is NOT the Exclusive Home of the Cutting Edge, nor is DBSTalk the only site where DIRECTV reads and logs issues.

It should also be known that according to emails received by DIRECTV, the CE Program is NOT DBSTalk's and SatelliteGuys has full WRITTEN PERMISSION from DIRECTV to republish all CE Notes from DBSTalk, which according to DIRECTV are their CE notes NOT DBSTALKS.

With this said we will continue to publish all CE notes as they are posted.

Those wishing to continue in the CE program are welcome to participate in the CE Program here at SatelliteGuys and do so without fearing the DBSTalk mob,fear of getting banned or saying something that may offend the troll mentality there. I can assure you that your DIRECTV and CE comments are being seen by DIRECTV and I have been told by a number of DIRECTV employees that they prefer reading reports at SatelliteGuys where they feel they get more HONEST FEEDBACK than at DBSTalk, as there the feedback given a lot of the time is done in a way not to offend DIRECTV.

Welcome to the DIRECTV CE Program here at SatelliteGuys, we are HAPPY to have you here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool I enjoy this site, the members here have been a wealth of knowledge and help to myself and others... Thanks for a great place to discuss issues without fear.........:)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the Confirmation about the CE Program here. :)

However, we as a group should continue to keep CE discussion here IN the CE forums ... :up

That said, Scott, why is it so hard for D* to send US here a copy of the CE updates and rules ?

Why is it we have to get the update info from the "other" site ?
It's no more than placing Sat Guys in the send part of the email they send along with the other sites info.

You would think that D* would be able to send us as well as them the info if they really wanted too.

Thanks Scott.

I was wondering when this was going to be brought up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sounds like Sat Guys has DirecTV testing (CE) well covered. Any chance we can get something like this for Dish testing?

It should also be known that according to emails received by DIRECTV, the CE Program is NOT DBSTalk's and SatelliteGuys has full WRITTEN PERMISSION from DIRECTV to republish all CE Notes from DBSTalk, which according to DIRECTV are their CE notes NOT DBSTALKS.

With this said we will continue to publish all CE notes as they are posted.

That said, Scott, why is it so hard for D* to send US here a copy of the CE updates and rules ?

Why is it we have to get the update info from the "other" site ?

You would think that D* would be able to send us as well as them the info if they really wanted too.
This sounds like an awfully strange setup... All the information only come from DBSTalk ? Yet this site is supposed to be allowed to publish and discuss the info ? What happens if DBSTalk were to cut off members who are involved in CE at both sites ? It would die here, yes ?

Thanks Scott, for the information, funny I haven't been back to the DBS Talks site since you opened this great place. I see nothing has changed there.

Earl

This sounds like an awfully strange setup... All the information only come from DBSTalk ? Yet this site is supposed to be allowed to publish and discuss the info ? What happens if DBSTalk were to cut off members who are involved in CE at both sites ? It would die here, yes ?

I dont know a site to discourage visitors. Your talking less ad revenue, less click throughs, and less chance for member donations.

It would be nice if the unspoken rivalry would come to an end.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I made a mistake and mentioned CE outside of the CE Form and they weren't that nice about it. I was tricked into thinking my CE problems needed reported there to have them read by Directv. I haven't been to the "Other" site for probably a year. We have nicer Staff and Members here!!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)