Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On September 9th, 2003 SatelliteGuys was born, last night on June 25th, 2004 SatelliteGuys.US became the Internet's Largest Satellite Forum!

All that I can really say to everyone is THANK YOU!

Running SatelliteGuys is like a labor of love to me, many guys have a hobby such as working on cars or building stuff out of wood, I like to give people a place to talk Satellite.

I don't get paid for doing this, I do it because I like it. I love satellite technology and I love helping others learn more about satellite technology.

SatelliteGuys.US would not be here today if it were not for the generous support of our pub members. I am always amazed and humbled everytime a member sends me money for the site, I find it amazing that people who don't know me are willing to send me their hard earned money in order to keep SatelliteGuys running!

Honestly I have also felt a little guilty as well, accepting donations to support my hobby. Over the past few months you have seen me shift away from requesting donations and this is because of the support of DishStore.NET and revenue generated by GOOGLE Ads and Amazon.COM. However if someone wants to donate, I will greatfully accept their donation. :)

I would like to thank the SatelliteGuys staff for all the great work they do, I give my staff very little guidelines to follow, I am happy to assign them an area which they are an expert in, I then give them the ball and its up to them to decide how far to run with it. With forums like our VOOM forum which is run by Sean Mota you can see how far someone can run with the ball after it's given to them!

I also want to thank all our members not just for making us #1 but for all the ideas and suggestions that they have given over the last 9 months! As many who have submitted ideas can tell you we really do listen to our members!

I am also humbled by the fact that if people want to read breaking satellite news they choose SatelliteGuys.US first. As much as it use to upset me, I am now starting to find it funny to read other forums front pages to see them "break news" of things that we reported here at SatelliteGuys at least a day before.

I am also proud of our server, we run the most powefull server of any satellite forum, having our own server allows us to do things that other forums can't. I am also proud to Have Larry Rosenman (LER) as our server administrator, there is NOTHING this guy can't do on our server! When ever I want a feature added to our kernal I just ask and boom Larry get's it done.

One more thing I would like to mention about our staff here at SatelliteGuys, we all do this because we love this hobby, none of us get paid for doing this. When the site first went online people told me I should have called the site SatelliteGuy because I was the one doing everything on the site. I am proud to call the site SatelliteGuys because of all the guys who work hard to bring you what you see today.

And rest assured we are not done yet, we are always working hard behind the scenes to bring you the most advaced forum on the new but also make it fun, and we love giving back to our members, we have more and more giveaways in the works!

Finally I need to say thanks to two more people, the first being my boss, who gives me the freedom and encouagement to work on SatelliteGuys when I have nothing better to do at the office.

And finally a big huge thank you to my wife Eva (aka the Prize Goddess) she also gives me the freedom to work on the site, really without her support and encouragement I could not do this at all.

Thanks again to everyone for making us #1! Now that we have become the best we intend to stay that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)