A Note From Scott

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings,

I got home early this morning from the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show, and I got to admit it felt great to be back home.

In Las Vegas it was hard to keep an eye on the site as the internet comes to a crawl when CES starts.

This year was a different CES for me, it was not about walking the floor but instead bringing you all the satellite news from the show floor and more importantly for me training the next generation of SatelliteGuys.

When I first started going to the CES shows years ago I did it all by myself. Hard to believe it but the first year I did CES, I did the press confrences with two small camcorders (one handheld, one on a tripod), a tape recorder, a digital photo camera. And I did all of this stuff at the same time.

Luckily times have changed and I was proud to work this year with the next generation of SatelliteGuys, we had a total staff count of 6 at this years show.

There are a few folks I want to thank.

First up is Richard, who you guys know as Hokieenginer, this guy is the utmost professional, we came to CES and helped me last year and did a great job and this year as well he was there when he was needed and did what he had to do to get the job done.

Next up is GoalieBob, while his spelling may suck his love of the technology shines as does his excitment, I had a great time meeting bob and working with him this week on all the videos and live call in show. His energy kept us all going and you could tell that he loved doing what he was doing. His lovely wife Connie was also there by Bob to stand by her man and was also willing to help out when needed.

Then another one who was there was Mike AKA RockyMtnHigh, Mike was there and was always looking to help out, you could see the joy in his eyes when we walked onto the CES floor. From taking pictures to driving us around Nevada Mike was the man for us in Las Vegas.

Someone else who helped us out greatly was Jason AKA Masterdeals. Jason was the supporting pub member who we selected to come with us for this years CES. Jason turned out to be a valuable asset to SatelliteGuys and found a great number of hidden items and took some great photos. While Jason is not yet a SatelliteGuys staff member, I feel he will soon be joining us as the ranks of staff.

Finally I would like to thank my wife, who put up with all of us (especially me) for the week. She wasn't feeling good most of the week but was a trooper and hung in there. There were times she would have rather been someplace else (like home) but she stuck it out, and even made it on the show floor the entire day. Most people don't understand the amount of work she puts in SatelliteGuys behind the scenes.

To all these folks above I say THANK YOU! All of these folks paid their own way to come cover this show for you and they did a great job. I was happy that I was able to get everyone on the same page and so that each person had their own job to do at the show. All the Satellite companies we met with were impressed with all of our staff and our entire orginization.

To some of the staff I didn't get to say THANKS and Goodbye til next year when I left, but I hope you understood my heartfelt thanks when we went to the LOVE show this week. So to all the staff that went to Las Vegas THANK YOU and also THANK YOU to the staff that stayed home and kept everything running. There is a reason why this site is the most popular Satellite Information Site on the internet, and that reason is our staff.

SatelliteGuys is NOT Scott Greczkowski, it is all of our staff who work to help you get more, learn more and do more with your satellite systems. As years go on these folks will continue to take us forward and new generations of staff will continue the vision of SatelliteGuys and that is to help people get the best news, talk, rumors, information and help to get the most out of their satellite systems. These folks are SatelliteGuys.

This year besides training the staff on how CES works I also had the opportunity for a number of private meetings with folks from the satellite companies. After all the meetings I felt better then ever about SatelliteGuys and what we do here. I am excited about a number of things that were discussed, but I am also VERY excited that for the first time ever some official doors have opened up to us with DirecTV. Over the year you will see some stuff here from DirecTV that you won't see anyplace else.

I learned something too, out of all the folks I met all of them have the same goal, and that is to make sure their customers have the best experiance possible, they all know they have had bumps in the road, but they really want to make things better, and all of the companies have reached out to SatelliteGuys to help them make their services better for all.

Over the next week you will see our CES coverage continue, we shot a lot of video, this video is now being edited and encoded for you.

Thank you again to our staff and for all those folks that support SatelliteGuys, we would not be here if it was not for their support.

We know we are not perfect, but we try our best. Thank you again to all.

thanks to all that contribute to the information that you guys posted. It is time consuming to do all of this.

Thanks to all of you involved for bringing us all the news and insights from CES! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your coverage.

Sounds like a lot of good things to look forward to and that the future looks promising for us that love technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts