Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here at SatelliteGuys we try our best to be a family friendly website. Many users view SatelliteGuys at their place of work, at school and even some at their place of worship.

Because of this I would like to remind all members our rules on Avatars and in addition I want to mention our signature rules as well, our signature rules are in place to help keep you information secure and help keep your privacy. In addition our signature rules are to help protect our sponsors who help us keep the site on line for everyones enjoyment.

* All avatars must be family friendly with no objectionable slogans / language or half naked people. Please remember where people view SatelliteGuys.
* No Political Avatars - If you want to share your political views then please visit "The Pit" and air them there.
* No ads are allowed in avatars except for Gold Sponsors who may show their company logo.
* Only Supporting Pub Members may have animated Avatars, this is one of the perks of being a supporter.

SIGNATURES
* All signatures should be 5 lines or less. While we don't actively enforce this rule please be considerate of other members, they don't want to read signatures which are longer then most posts. :)
* Images in signatures are NOT allowed, with the exceptions being Folding@Home Stats Graphics and XBOX360 Player Cards. This rule is in place not only to cut down on clutter, but also to protect our members privacy and user data.
* While links to external sites are permitted, links to commercial sites are not allowed. If the external site is promoting or selling a product or service it is not allowed, it does not matter if it is a satellite related site or not. Only SatelliteGuys Gold Sponsors are allowed to promote products in their signatures as long as their signature is 5 lines or less (with no graphics).
* No political or ideological statements in signatures.

LANGUAGE
* Remember this is a family safe site, please refrain from using language which may offend others, in other words no swearing. We have noticed an increase of profanity as of late and wanted to remind folks that we are a family friendly site. In addition we have received word from a number of businesses whos filters have blocked our site because of profanity. There are always ways of sayiing things without swearing. :)

SatelliteGuys staff has been instructed to edit / remove any avatar or signature which does not fit in the guidelines shown above.

We should note that we don't want to police things, we just want to make SatelliteGuys available to as many people as possible, in addition we want to make sure our sponsors get the advertising exposure they are paying for without people coming in and trying to advertise their products and services for free.

Remember please support those sponsors who support us!

* Note at this time SatelliteGuys is NOT seeking additional sponsorships.

Thank you for your support and understanding!

LANGUAGE
* Remember this is a family safe site, please refrain from using language which may offend others, in other words no swearing. We have noticed an increase of profanity as of late and wanted to remind folks that we are a family friendly site. In addition we have received word from a number of businesses whos filters have blocked our site because of profanity. There are always ways of sayiing things without swearing. :)
What are considered "swear" words nowadays ? Obviously listing them will be tricky.... How about a list like this ?

b*tch
sh*t
f*ck

Some words, of course, have double-usage, but they'll still be flagged as profanity by filters as they don't consider context.

I think we can figure out when we need to remove offending language. But Carlin's seven dirty words covers most of it. Yet context is all important.

In general though, I will edit thread titles that do something like "F&#$% Dish doesn't work."

And with signatures, keep them SMALL; and use the smallest font-size possible; make it easier on all of us, not to have to scroll through long long signatures. Please. :)

I think we can figure out when we need to remove offending language. But Carlin's seven dirty words covers most of it. Yet context is all important.
I was just wondering when to use the "Report Post" function. Need to keep up on the title you've given me.... :D
In general though, I will edit thread titles that do something like "F&#$% Dish doesn't work."
Yeah, in subjects or titles, it's even worse. You see those without actively trying to, like a headline. Those threads are typically worthless anyway.... It will just be a mindless rant.
And with signatures, keep them SMALL; and use the smallest font-size possible; make it easier on all of us, not to have to scroll through long long signatures. Please. :)
I've always emphasized and agreed with that. Scott literally quoted what I've repeated for years: People type a one-sentence reply followed by their 5-line signature, in multiple colors, bold-face, and over-size font. :( Some people have nice sigs so it's a shame that turning sigs off completely isn't reasonable (to me).

There shouldn't be. Please let us know which ones you see by using the report post button.

SIGNATURES
* All signatures should be 5 lines or less. While we don't actively enforce this rule please be considerate of other members, they don't want to read signatures which are longer then most posts. :)
* Images in signatures are NOT allowed, with the exceptions being Folding@Home Stats Graphics and XBOX360 Player Cards. This rule is in place not only to cut down on clutter, but also to protect our members privacy and user data.
* While links to external sites are permitted, links to commercial sites are not allowed. If the external site is promoting or selling a product or service it is not allowed, it does not matter if it is a satellite related site or not. Only SatelliteGuys Gold Sponsors are allowed to promote products in their signatures as long as their signature is 5 lines or less (with no graphics).
You left out a couple that are also forbidden.
No political statements
No HD DVD vs BD statements ( I once had one deleted because it said TrueHD was better than uncorrected LPCM)

Hey guys, when I go to post my Folding@home sig, bbcode is disabled... How can I go about getting this up there? Why is the [Img] code disabled for me?

Thanks

That is one of the many reasons why I became a Pub Member, but why are there some non-pub members with animated avatars?
Those folks were pub members at one time or had the animated avatar before we made it a pub members only feature.

The software does not check old avatars only new ones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts