A note to the Dish Response Posters Here

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Your presence here seems to be to help Dish customers out with problems. I applaud that. And in that spirit I want to explain the biggest problem Dish Network has, the antiquated system of dishing out the codes that authorizes the channels customers receive.

Dish Network provides great channel quality and selection for a good price. The signal is alway strong and reliable, I'm never worried about my viewing experience. But FSM help me, when I think about changing something to my programming selection, I start become frightened. Will it work, what will backfire? I'm not alone. The tales told at this web board indicate that Dish Network's manner of coding the authorizations for channels. For instance, I recently changed my package to Latino Dos. That thread tells the story of a person wasting their Friday evening doing something that should have taken just a few minutes. After a couple hours the techs realized that in the change over, the Latino Dos HD was not authorized. How can that even be possible? I've got HD for life.

I believe I'm also missing a channel Playboy Esp for who knows why. It's part of the package, so there should be no reason why it shouldn't be available to me. Package = channel x, y, z, etc... It is almost like some guy needs to go into a room and flip switches for each channel for each subscriber to activate the vacuum tubes.

Others have told the tales of losing their all their HD once a promotion has run out, among other things. This needs vast improvement. I, like many, feel like I'm upgrading my Firmware on my Blu-Ray player, thinking "Well it works now, why risk possibly getting a better product, when in fact I may just lose access to online content" (that's another story thanks to lg ;)). The ability to chat on the Dish site is nice, if you get a good rep, and the ability to have problems now addressed here by Dish Net reps is great too. But what would be best is not having to deal with programming issues such as these to begin with. Mistakes will happen, but these issues seem more indicative of a poor software design in the home office than uncommon errors.

While we are at it. Dish should treat all customers the same. When something is FREE, everyone should get it. Dish should not give one customer FREE Starz for a year and another Free Starz for six months and yet another no Free Starz at all. Also, customer should not have to call in to get something for Free, while others get it added automatically. CSRs should be trained better, so we do not have to play CSR roulette. Each CSR should know and offer the same packages, no matter which CSR you get when you call in.

if you are bundled with windstream or frontier for your dish services you will not get playboy. they do not allow their customers to have any adult channels. Also your programming may be just "latino dos". You have to request "latino dos with playboy". no price between the packages, one just gives you the "bunny". also make sure you do not have any adult locks set as well.

Dish should treat all customers the same.

However, not all customers are the same. I would argue that a customer who spends $175/month is worth far more than one who spends $30/month. An offer for a $175/month customer shouldn't necessarily be offered to a $30/month customer.

However, not all customers are the same. I would argue that a customer who spends $175/month is worth far more than one who spends $30/month. An offer for a $175/month customer shouldn't necessarily be offered to a $30/month customer.

Another issue would be the customers payment history, someone that consistently pays their bill and is never over due and spends $30-$50 per month is more valuable than the $175 who is overdue or past due. I am sure that payment history regardless of what one spends with Dish plays a big role in what they get for free, and how they are treated.

tulsa agent said:
if you are bundled with windstream or frontier for your dish services you will not get playboy. they do not allow their customers to have any adult channels.

Don't care much about adult but... WTF??

Don't care much about adult but... WTF??

Some states do not legally allow broadcasters to show "penetration" on any of their channels. This is why when you're looking at Adult packages, you see "Certain Blackout Restrictions May Apply". Windstream and Frontier are probably operating in one of those states, and simply disallow any type of adult programming to not raise the ire of lawmakers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)