A piece of America has died - Boyd Coddington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Sorry to hear. I have seen the program a few times and liked it. Damn.

Be interesting to find out what he died from. I was always a fan of his work, but the tv show was a little childish sometimes with all the bickering and fighting. He had to file for bankruptcy a few years ago and reorganized under the name of his wheel company. That company was started after one of his former employees , Chip Foose began designing well selling wheels. He was indicted in 1998 in california of building ground up kits cars and selling them with titles of old cars as a way of avoiding meeting California emissons laws and taxes. Just last month his offices were raided as part of yet another investigation into false claims and titles in other states. There is no doubt that his design skills were incredible, but his honesty was seriously at doubt. It appears that he suffered a fall around Christmas time at his home and that his death may have been a result of continuing problems due to that fall. Maybe the stress of all the investigations got to him. I wonder if his wife will continue the business?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts