A procedure question

bderouen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
South Central Louisiana
Hey ya'll!
I have a 622 DVR that I'm very happy with and have had for over a year. Believe it or not, I'm just now starting to really get into recording and have a question.

I originally had the 622 tuner 2 set to feed an SD set in my house. I've since upgraded to an HD set so I have a 211 for that TV and I've been running my 622 in single mode.

What I'd like to know is how can I set a timer to record something in HD? It seems taht when I set something to record on an HD channel, it seems to default to TV 2, and would record in SD. The only way I can get it to record in HD, it seems, is to set it to dual mode and time it to record. THEN it will record in HD, but then I can't record the HD channel and watch something else.

Am I making sense here? Any one have any ideas?

Thanks!
Bruce

go to menu prefrence and there is option for record plus, play around with that setting.

if i am not mistaking it, as long you pick the hd channel, it dosent matter what tuner it uses.

Hey ya'll!
I have a 622 DVR that I'm very happy with and have had for over a year. Believe it or not, I'm just now starting to really get into recording and have a question.

I originally had the 622 tuner 2 set to feed an SD set in my house. I've since upgraded to an HD set so I have a 211 for that TV and I've been running my 622 in single mode.

What I'd like to know is how can I set a timer to record something in HD? It seems taht when I set something to record on an HD channel, it seems to default to TV 2, and would record in SD. The only way I can get it to record in HD, it seems, is to set it to dual mode and time it to record. THEN it will record in HD, but then I can't record the HD channel and watch something else.

Am I making sense here? Any one have any ideas?

Thanks!
Bruce

I have a couple of questions for you. First, there is a setting which will cause the 622 to default to the HD channels when there is an SD and an HD channel available (for example TBS). When you put in the channel number does the SD version come up or the HD version??? Second, how do you know it is recording the SD program (I ask because we have our 722 in Dual Mode and when tuner 2 records something from an HD channel I believe it records in HD, though I am not certain of that)?

My thinking (which may be incorrect) is that you are recording the stream of data (which will be in HD if you are on an HD Channel) and so it will be recorded in HD, but I could be way off.

As for defaulting to TV2, that has to do with the "Default" for Record Plus. If you change the Record Plus to have a default of TV1, it will try to record on TV1 (but I am not sure if you would be able to see TV2 while TV1 is recording).

Geoff

I have a couple of questions for you. First, there is a setting which will cause the 622 to default to the HD channels when there is an SD and an HD channel available (for example TBS). When you put in the channel number does the SD version come up or the HD version??? Second, how do you know it is recording the SD program (I ask because we have our 722 in Dual Mode and when tuner 2 records something from an HD channel I believe it records in HD, though I am not certain of that)?

My thinking (which may be incorrect) is that you are recording the stream of data (which will be in HD if you are on an HD Channel) and so it will be recorded in HD, but I could be way off.

As for defaulting to TV2, that has to do with the "Default" for Record Plus. If you change the Record Plus to have a default of TV1, it will try to record on TV1 (but I am not sure if you would be able to see TV2 while TV1 is recording).

Geoff

best way to tell weather its in hd or not. is just check the info. it should be label HD.

You are confusing tv out's and tuners. Tv2 out is sd but all the tuners on the 622 record hd. As long as you set the timer to record on an hd channel it does not matter if it is recording to tv1 or tv2.

best way to tell weather its in hd or not. is just check the info. it should be label HD.

I wrote my response from computer (not near the 722) and TV2 is parent's bedroom and I am not sure whether they record from SD or HD channels, so I couldn't check, but wanted to make sure OP was seeing it not as HD because of the HD label not being in the DVR Recording menu.

Geoff

You are confusing tv out's and tuners. Tv2 out is sd but all the tuners on the 622 record hd. As long as you set the timer to record on an hd channel it does not matter if it is recording to tv1 or tv2.

OOOH, really? I was under the impression the TV2 TUNER was an SD tuner. So EITHER tuner can record in HD?? Really?

COOl!

So. I should jsut leave it in single mode, then, so the 2nd tuner can record whatever I want...whether it's an HD channel or not, right?

tv2 output to TV is SD. but the content is still HD.

just make sure when you setup timer. make sure you pick channel thats label HD.

Yes, it's been almost 2 months since the last time someone confused "outputs" with "tuners," unless I missed it last time. Usually about once or twice a month this comes up. :D

The 722/622 has three tuners (two satellite, one OTA) and all of them are HD-capable. It also has various outputs (TV1 component and HDMI are HD, TV1 s-video and composite, and all TV2 and RF outputs are SD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)