A question for 4K TV owners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Pat, I always thought you mute tv speakers while using soundbar. How do both work together? My vizio sound bar came with 2 bluetooth rear speakers. They r handy when I am watching movies.

Those of us in the "biz" (retired 2010) simply call it the "Torch Mode". I even called it that in my previous post, but then changed it to "Vivid" since Sony used to use that.

Be that as it may, all TV manufacturers know that, at a glance, a "brighter" TV will attract the eye and that a properly calibrated TV next to it will look dull. This is especially true under big box stores with bright, fluorescent lighting. (The same thing happens with speakers. The loudest is the "best")

Therefore, when it leaves the factory, (they have no idea which TV will come out of the box and go up on display) they will all default at the brightest, most garish picture they can so it can try and stand out against a wall of TVs.

There are now many, very good ISF type modes available today, but they will NOT be in that mode when you unbox it.

PS. That ISF I mentioned stands for the Imaging Science Foundation. It has long set the standard for proper TV calibration.
Most TV's have a Store Mode ....
I think Sony still uses Vivid as an available mode, and yes, I think the Samsung Dynamic mode is the same for them.

It's fun to read about all the nuances of this brand or model over that one. But my eyes and my wallet are not that great, so the 55" TCL ROKU 55" 4K TV I bought at Costco 2 years ago for $399 serves me just fine. So much so that I now also have 2 43" TCL ROKU TVs on my desk, connected to my computer. A comparable Computer monitor might have cost $800 each. I am not a gamer so I am very happy with what I have.

It's fun to read about all the nuances of this brand or model over that one. But my eyes and my wallet are not that great, so the 55" TCL ROKU 55" 4K TV I bought at Costco 2 years ago for $399 serves me just fine. So much so that I now also have 2 43" TCL ROKU TVs on my desk, connected to my computer. A comparable Computer monitor might have cost $800 each. I am not a gamer so I am very happy with what I have.
I keep reading that TLC is gonna dominate the budget tv market. Many reputable web sites are r crazy for that particular brand. Vizio'd better watch out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts