A Random Thought From The Past

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
This is a thought that I've had on my mind for a while looking back.Having been on the site and Sports Section for three and a half years, I must admit something that I had personally felt for a while: thinking back in retrospect, I was not always the most mature poster at times in my earlier days and months on the Sports Section.In my first year on here (from the spring of '08 to the spring of '09), there were times when I was lacking some maturity and could get over-emotional at times- there were a series of posts I had that had a negative tone and I overreacted at times.The low point was in late March of 2009 during the NCAA Tournament thread around the time when Calipari left Memphis for Kentucky. I lost it at times and flat-out acted badly with some awful negativity I should have never said when looking back at my immature posts. Bill rightfully called me out for the tone of these things I said and I really felt I was on the verge of frittering away the goodwill I built in those first few months here and possibly alienating you and others on here.After that, I took a deep breath, looked in the mirror, and realized I needed to change my posting ways, calm down, be more mature and less explosive, and do a 360 before it was too late.Since then, I have been a lot more careful about what I post and am no longer prone to the posts of angry negativity as I once was.Looking back on that, I want to say that it was the wakeup call I needed when I was less than positive at times- that really helped make me a better poster.

I kind of miss the old Sabres. You were much more entertaining at least back then. You're way too tame now. And don't worry about being ultra serious and overly emotional. Sports is supposed to be fun! Now loosen up and come back to us!

Yeah, there have been much worse posters than you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)