a relatlivey new app called newson on roku

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i was checking out somewhat new a app called Newson and on this app you can check out about 150 newscasts from all across the country.be sure to check it out, i talked to them on their twitter account and they are coming to more and more platforms real soon,

http://newson.us/

allen bluegras

Reactions: Rixos
its been around for a couple months now.
Its very limited on newscasts (there are 3 in MN right now....all are Hubbard owned)

Ya know, you can go to the website of just about any station with news and get exactly the same thing. This is not really a big deal.

Reactions: Mr Tony
i tallked to them on their twtter page and they just added the slinclair broadcasting tv channels i asked about coming to the hopper 3 dvr and they told me that they are looking into it

They have the #1 and #2 stations in Central PA - I've used the iOS pretty frequently, more or less as a DVR to time-delay the news, since I'm never near the tv at the top of the hour.

Ya know, you can go to the website of just about any station with news and get exactly the same thing. This is not really a big deal.

If you only want a particular news station yes. Otherwise an app like this is welcomed, go to one app for many news outlets. There are a couple of apps for international news outlets that bring together many of them, makes it much easier than going to each individual app.

i was checking out somewhat new a app called Newson and on this app you can check out about 150 newscasts from all across the country.be sure to check it out, i talked to them on their twitter account and they are coming to more and more platforms real soon,

http://newson.us/

allen bluegras

Nice post, I downloaded the app and it is terrific. It has many newscasts from around the Country, some states have more channels than others but that really does not matter much. The point is being able to get news easily from many places. What I really like is if the news is not live, it will play an earlier newscast. Picture on my Note 4 is outstanding.

Nice post, I downloaded the app and it is terrific. It has many newscasts from around the Country, some states have more channels than others but that really does not matter much. The point is being able to get news easily from many places. What I really like is if the news is not live, it will play an earlier newscast. Picture on my Note 4 is outstanding.
your welcome newson would be a cool app for the new hopper 3 dvr i have it on my roku and i enjoy it very much i talked to them on their twitter page and they are currently working on other platforms

I don't normally agree that apps have to be on the Satellite receiver, but this one would serve to fulfill one reason some want Distants, to get local news from other places, often where they lived or have relatives so in that respect I can see it being on the Hopper, easily accessed.

Reactions: bluegras
if you guys would like for them to come to the dish hopper 3 dvr this is what you can do go to their facebook and twitter pages and let them know that there are lots of people who want you.

Because what are you going to do if they dont add it? Protest?

Dish Apps Matter :rolleyes:
real funny i had not thought of that idea before i know alot of people will want this app because if you are a tv station streams on the internet are on newson.and they are adding new tv stations everyday.

real funny
I'm being serious

i had not thought of that idea before
Yeah OK

i know alot of people will want this app
dude you say that a bout everything

because if you are a tv station streams on the internet are on newson.and they are adding new tv stations everyday.
ummm I've had the app on my roku for a couple months and its still the same group. They havent "added new" anything in weeks.

I think it heavily depends on the stations in your area participating. In my area, a station that lost its CBS affiliation and replaced it with the CW and several more hours of local news is part of NewsON (WISH TV). Of course you can't see the CW, just the newscasts, but they are a very popular news station in Central Indiana and it's nice to have them on Roku.

i talked to one of the guys at this company and he told me that they currently working on other platforms and will be adding alot more tv stations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)