A Surprise DISH Letter

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
In yesterdays mail I received a letter with the return address: EchoStar Retailer Class Administrator. As a former dealer it was notification of a class action settlement against DISH, it looks like it took place 1/21/2011. It looks like DISH was ordered to setup a "Common Fund" of $52 million dollars within 30 days. I doubt I will ever see a cent of the settlement but it is nice to know DISH dosen't win every court case and they don't get to legally dodge the settlements for ever. Congratulations to "Air Communications & Satellite, Inc.et al" for sticking to their guns.:):):):):):):):):)

The settlement was actually agreed upon back in November. Lots of talk about it at DISHRetailer.COM since this is a retailer sensitive item. :)

In yesterdays mail I received a letter with the return address: EchoStar Retailer Class Administrator. As a former dealer it was notification of a class action settlement against DISH, it looks like it took place 1/21/2011. It looks like DISH was ordered to setup a "Common Fund" of $52 million dollars within 30 days. I doubt I will ever see a cent of the settlement but it is nice to know DISH dosen't win every court case and they don't get to legally dodge the settlements for ever. Congratulations to "Air Communications & Satellite, Inc.et al" for sticking to their guns.:):):):):):):):):)

You know what's going to happen with the money, right?

The lawyers will get 51.9 million, and the last $100k will be split up amoungst the dealers! :eek: ;)

primestar31 said:
You know what's going to happen with the money, right?

The lawyers will get 51.9 million, and the last $100k will be split up amoungst the dealers! :eek: ;)

That is the sad truth about 90+% of class action lawsuits.

Your 6 free pay per view movie certificates that you qualify for as part of this class action lawsuit shoukd be mailed to you soon. :)

(just kidding... I hope.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts